Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Linda T.

Default limit to number of suitcases

Hi,
My sister in law is leaving May 19th on her first cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas, she is about to panic because she says they are limited to 2 suitcases and one carry on bag. She's driving to the port. Have I been missing something or have things changed since my last cruise in November 2001? I've always taken whatever I needed on board. Thanks Guys...........Linda
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Rita Gallagher

Default Re: limit to number of suitcases

Usually it's the airline who places a limit on bags. Don't know of any cruise line who does. We've driven to the port and there hasn't been any limit - the only thing she should be careful of is what's in her carry on bags, as the shipline does screen them before boarding, and will take knives, scissors, metal files, etc. Put these type of items in your checked luggage, and give them to the porters at the pier. I have tried to carry suitcases on board, and have been able to in the past, but the last few times we have been stopped and told to give suitcases to the porters - they no longer allow you to carry anything bigger than a carryon onboard. Probably the porters were not getting enough tips!
Old May 10th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: limit to number of suitcases

Hi Linda,
Yes, its true, its the airlines that have the limits on luggage and carry-on. If you are driving to the port you will not have that problem. Just hand your luggage over to the porter and tip him a few bucks per bag :-)

Message Boards Moderator