Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Karen Curitore

Default Question re: Deck 7 Aft stateroom

I am sailing the May 20th Radiance of the Seas for my 20th Anniversary. I probably have very little time to make this change, but a Category D Aft stateroom just became available (I am currently booked on an E2 8022 fore). Has anyone ever stayed in one of these category D way-aft cabins on Deck 7?

I understand the benefits of one of these way-aft staterooms (larger balcony, more inclusive view, etc). My 1st concern is that this is the 1st balcony deck and located right above the Singapore Sling bar. Will this cause a problem with noise or loud music? Also, because this is deck 7, with 8, 9 and 10 above, is there a privacy issue?
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Question re: Deck 7 Aft stateroom

Hi Karen,
We just returned form the Hawaii to Vancouver itinerary and had an aft cabin on deck 8.
The only time yu saw any one in a cabin below was when a person stood right at the rails looking at the view. The way the aft is angled, there is no privacy issue. You can however, hear conversations from the cabin next door if you were outside or talked loudly from inside wth your cabin door open.
If given an option to move to a higher deck level, I'd move up at least one,to ensure no noise reach me from the bar below.
Hope this helps and hope you have a great cruise.
Karol