Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to txsweetlady1
Default Rhapsody Sailing from Galveston

I am booked on the Rhapsody sailing out of Galveston on July 7th. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has sailed on this ship and especially if they have taken or are taking this cruise. Also, any tips about this port and driving/parking as this is a first time for me from Galveston. I am traveling with my teenage son and we are both planning on having a great time. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Rhapsody Sailing from Galveston

I am booked to sail the week before you, June 30th, on the same ship. I read somewhere that the ship was in dry dock in April for some face-lifting. I would also be curious to hear from someone who had sailed the ship before(anytime in the past), and now, after they did the "face-lift". I am also looking forward to having fun.

On the port, I read from someone that it was easier to approach from the island side rather than straigth from the main land. After looking at a map, I can see where that might mean coming back around, rather than the directions they give you. If you can see a map on line, you can get a better idea of what I am talking about.
Old May 19th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Kellyoz

Default Re: Re: Rhapsody Sailing from Galveston

There are tons of new reviews on the Phapsody on the Cruise Critic RCCI message board. You might try that.
Old May 21st, 2002, 05:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie
Default Re: Rhapsody Sailing from Galveston

We did this cruise last November. We are in the San Francisco Bay Area and flew to Houston a day early. We had never been to Gaveston and wanted to see the sights. We stayed at the Hotel Galvez and would gladly stay there again. There is a great trolly ride that will take you to either side of Galveston. It makes a loop aroung about every 20 minutes so hop on and tour around first. Then you can decide if you want to walk up and down the Strand or spend time in the marina where the ships dock. We did both and had the fun of watching a Carnival ship sail out the night before the Rhapsody. Landry's has some nice picnic tables on their patio right next to the dock. Relax and have some fish and chips along with a soft drink or glass of wine and enjoy the wonderful sights of the harbor.
Sailing in the gulf is neat, especially seeing all the oil rigs out in the water. They are really interesting.
As for the Rhapsody, we have been on her twice and enjoyed the trip each time. We will go on her again someday. Have a great time. Bon Voyage!
Maggie
next cruise: Pacific Northwest-Radiance 5/27/02