Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Explorer or Enchantment???

2 brothers and wives are planning a cruise for summer 2003 and are trying to decide if we should cruise RC Explorer or Enchantment. Both itineraries are similar - we are just wondering if we will like the big ship - Explorer. Also, I assume that cruise may be a bit more expensive since the ship is newer. Any comments about either ship would be welcome.
Thanks -
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Explorer or Enchantment???

Hi KB,
Having been on Explorer my choice would be a Voyager class ship. While Enchantment is a beautiful ship, there is just so much more to do on Explorer, you almost don't need to get off at any of the ports. I also love the cabins better, they seemed a little larger, more storage space and I really liked the way they were layed out. They put the sofa and table first and then the bed by the sliding glass door, bed also has rounded edges, nice touch. You can kind of see with the attached pic. WE had a DB balcony cabin and when on Rhapsody had a cat. C, both were nice, but I liked the Explorer cabin much better.

Just check out the different prices and see which one will fit into your budget, have fun.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 19th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Mary Martin

We will be sailing on the Enchantment 9/8/02 for the first time so I can't say anything about the Enchantment. But I can tell you we LOVE the Explorer, we have sailed on her twice now and have another cruise booked on her for 3/15/03. I would reccommend everyone try the Explorer (or one of the other Voyager class ships) at least once. Yes it's big but there is so much more available to do on her. The Enchantment I think may be in the same class as the Monarch which we have sailed on twice also. And we loved it too.
But we keep going back to the Explorer. If you do decide on the Explorer you must see the ice show it incredible. My husband and I are both in our mid fourties if that helps you any. I would recommend you try to get midship if you can otherwise it's a long walk to your room( but then again if you had a long walk to your room you wouldn't need to go to the gym..). I think you would enjoy either ship. But I would suggest you go for theExplorer.
Happy cruising,
Mary
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:12 AM
browezilla

Default Re: Re: Explorer or Enchantment???

I share the others' sentiments. Having been on a Voyager class ship, it is now my first choice when booking cruises. They're big, but it is designed so well that there are a multitude of places to go where it is intimate. I sailed on a full ship, and was amazed to find out that it was full because it "felt" like it was 2/3rds of so. Nothing was crowded, no waiting in line, etc. A fantastic cruise.
Old May 21st, 2002, 06:43 AM
Shan Rose

I've been on both Enchantment and Explorer.......and while Enchantment is an older and nice ship I definately would go with Explorer. So much to do and see....and as large as it is there really aren't long lines, etc. for anything. Plenty of areas that aren't crowed. EXPLORER IS A MUST SEE!! Don't forget the ice skating show.....WOW!
Old May 21st, 2002, 10:55 AM
Mark Kent

Hello,
my wife, 2 babies, and I went on the Enchantment of the Seas, March 2000.
We had an awesome time. It was our second cruise. The ship has an outdoor pool 6 hot tubs and the indoor Solarium pool. Absolutely beautiful. I wanted to go again.
It is breath takingly beautiful. We had a larger inside cabin that was very elegant. We were amazed at the beauty of the cabin.

This week I just booked a cruise on Explorer of the Seas for November, 2002. It is a bigger ship with a larger promenade. A bit more expensive than the same category rooms onboard the Enchantment of the Seas. My wife wanted to experience a different ship. From the pictures I only see one outdoor pool, the Solarium pool and 4 hot tubs to be shared with 3000 guests instead of the 2000 guests onboard the Enchantment of the Seas. There is a Weekend Warrior Sports Bar that the Enchantment did not have. The only thing I could possibly take away from the Enchantment was the fact that there was no Sports Bar. I was bummed about that. It looks like the Explorer of the Seas has a better childrens activities center than the Enchantment of the Seas.

If you have not been on either one, I say save some money and go on the Enchantment of the Seas. You will not be disappointed.