Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default adventure of the seas/southern c

thinkong of going on the Southern C. 4/6/03 can anyone tell me what the weather is like and if this is a good cruise with a 14 and 17 yr. old?? we all like to go to the beach. any info would be helpful. We did the Western on the Voyager last year and loved it.

Old June 4th, 2002, 08:13 AM
browezilla

Default Re: adventure of the seas/southern c

The southern is great! AoS does 2 southern sailings (or will). I prefer the St. Lucia/Barbados route. The other route is San Juan, Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin, and St. Thomas

Aruba: Good beach day & shopping, but snorkeling isn't that great.
Curacao: Great Snorkelling day. The southern side has a terrific reef. The waterfront is also very picturesque.
St. Maartin: Tour the island. It's lovely, especially Margot and the French side. Good beaches, but snorkeling is hit or miss
St. Thomas. Terrific. Great beaches, good snorkeling, good shopping. St. John is also close by, but if you haven't been to St. Thomas yet, I would spend the day there an not go to St John. Go to Drake's seat for a terrific view of the island.
Old June 4th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Lady Jag

Default Re: Re: adventure of the seas/southern c

Ask this question again in about 5 weeks and I'll fill you in. We're doing the St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Thomas itinerary. Been to some of the islands, but not all. Taking our kids as usual. I'm sure it'd be great for kids!
Old June 6th, 2002, 09:50 PM
FOXTROT

Default Re: adventure of the seas/southern c

WE WHERE JUST ON THE SHIP. GREAT SHIP PLENTY TO DO. THE ICE SHOW IS FANTASTIC. BOTH ROUTES THE SHIP GOES HAS GREAT BEACHES. WE ALWAYS TAKE A CRUISE IN MAY WEATHER IS ALWAYS GOOD. 1 DAY RAIN FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THEN SUN SHINE, 1 DAY A LITTLE CLOUDY BUT NICE & WARM, 5 DAYS OF MOSTLY SUNNY. TEMPERATURE IN THE MID TO UPPER 80S.
THE SHIP HAS MANY PROGRAMS AIMED FOR KIDS IN VARIOUS AGE RANGES. ALSO HAS A DISCO JUST FOR THEM. IF YOUR KIDS MAKE FRIENDS EASILY THEY WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME. IF THEY DON'T THEY WILL STILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.