Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Kaitlin

Default Rhapsody-Dress Code?

What is appropriate attire for the different nights? I know in the pamphlet it gives a description, but are than any girls out there who could give me a better idea? How casual or fancy does the cruise get-nothing worse than not dressing properly!
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Rhapsody-Dress Code?

formal = Evening Gown or cocktail dress for the lady/ Tux or suit for the man
informal - 1 night = dress or pants suit/blazer and slacks with shirt & tie (many lines are doing away with this class of dress so check your brochure or docs.)
Smart Casual- nice smart casual pants suit, dress, mini or skort dress outfit, nice capri outfit, slacks outfit/dockers & knit or cotton s/s shirt for the men.
Old June 10th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Rhapsody-Dress Code?

we're going to be on Rhapsody in August (8/4); we were one Vision of the Seas two years ago - I'd guess there were more suits on the men on formal night than tuxes (I own a tux so it's no problem to wear it). My wife wore a cocktail dress - and my mom, who was 80, wore a nice dress (but I didn't really see any floor length gowns as such - maybe a very few) - a fair number of sequins and little black dresses. The next night down in the scale was supposed to be a suit for men but few of us wore a tie with the suit - I did the first night (with blue blazer and slacks) but just the blazer and no tie the second. My wife wore a less dressy dress or a summer sun dress (Alaska notwithstanding). On the least dressy night, I wore slacks and a shirt and my wife wore what she'd call "schoolteacher clothes" (she's a teacher). There were some jeans on the least dressy night as well but I don't think that was recommended - on the other hand, I don't think you'll be turned away at the dining room door. We'll be in a big family group again this summer, so no strangers at the table to impress or offend with our attire!
Old June 12th, 2002, 02:38 AM
Admiral

Kaitlin -
The dress code was not really enforced on Rahpsody. People seemed to wwear whatever they wanted.
There were men and women in shorts in dining room at night - even though the policy said they are not allowed. This is what most people wore on our 5-26 cruise:

First formal night - long gowns - some very glitzy - for women and tux or dark suit for men

2nd formal night - not quite as dressy - but still lots of long dresses and some cocktail dresses for women and suits for men

"Smart Casual" - street length dresses or nice capris for women, sports coats and khakis for men - some in ties, some not.

Casual - women in slacks, capris or sundresses, men in khakis and polo shirts.

During the day - anything but swinsuit is allowed in dining room - and in the windjammer people wore swinsuits and coverups.

Whatever you wear, you will have a geat time!

Cindy
Old June 13th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Passenger

we are going on our 9th cruise - taking our entire family to celebrate our 50th aniversary. Dress the way you want. You will see tuxedos, glittering cocktail dresses, etc. You've paid big bucks to sail and the shouldn't dictate what you wear. Of course you would not show up in jeans at the captain's dinner, but if you don't want to wear a tie - it's up to you. We have grandsons who are balking at wearing a tie 2 nights. Trust me, these cruise lines are out to make a buck including paying for a bandaid or one dose of dramamine. Just be comfortable and enjoy. .................
Old June 19th, 2002, 01:29 PM
TCT

Default Re: Re: Rhapsody-Dress Code?

Have a trip booked on the Rhapsody in July w/ our two children. Do kids accompany their parents on the formal nights or are they left at the camp or w/ sitters? First time to cruise, I'm unsure.
Thanks for the info.