Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Ian

Default Vision of the Seas HELP

Wanted to know if anyone out there has sailed on Vision of the Seas in a category K or L "Larger Stateroom".

There are 3 of us considering to stay in this stateroom. For certain reasons, the 3rd person must stay on a cot and not in an upper berth. My question is will the room be too crowded or will we fare just fine?

Related question is that I see in brochures there are curtains in the staterooms. What I can't see in the photo is if the curtains can close all the way for privacy?

Last question. Cruised on Carnival 7 times and have pretty much enjoyed myself every time - always feels like there is a party going on.

Have not been on Royal Caribbean before. Things I have read about Royal Caribbean including boring, for older persons, food not good. Why should I cruise with Royal Caribbean over Carnival?

Thank you in advance for anyone can offer some answers!
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Vision of the Seas HELP

I can't help you with the room but I'll tell you this about service, food and fun. I love RC and wouldn't sail anything else. As for old, I don't know how old you are but I went on RC a couple times when I was in my 20's and now I'm mid 30's. it was a blast! Poolside games and music all the time. I found with Carnival, the food, service and fun wasn't up to RC standards. There were lapses in time when nothing was going on by the pool on Carnival and on RC, always something. I loved it. It may of changed over the years but back 10 years ago, it was awesome. I'm going on another RC in Feb 2003, Grandeur of the Seas and hoping things have stayed the same over the years. I hear it has so I'm hopeful! You'll never go back to Carnival!
Old June 20th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Vision of the Seas HELP

I Cruised on Visions in November to Hawaii. Loved it, great ship, lots of activities, good food and great crew. We had a cat D, had plenty of room and a third would not have been any problem. I think a cat D is somewhat larger than what you are thinking about.

My daughter is 25 and she went with me, she meet a group of 20's and 30's and never got back to the cabin before 4:00 am. I still dragged her out of bed at 7:00 am for shore excursions (ha ha). So as you can see there was something for all ages.

I have cruised on RCI, Carnival and NCL and prefer RCI, but I think there are pros and cons for all of the cruise lines and ships. Just go and have a great time.
Old June 27th, 2002, 03:10 PM
dlretired

Default Re: Vision of the Seas HELP

Was on the Vision for her repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Alaska. Stayed in a Cat L inside room. Can't imagine how they would fit a cot into that room.

Very small cabins and baths in the the lower category rooms. Carnaval rooms were much larger.

Good luck.