Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2002, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Default Menu on "Smart Casual" Night

We'll be trying our first cruise with RCL on AOS in August. I know that formal nights usually have special menus to entice vacationers into dress-up clothes. Is there anything special about the "Smart Casual Night" that makes packing semi-formal clothes/a sports coat for my husband worthwhile? I've read that the alternative dining on AOS is very good, and am considering skipping the sports coat/semi-formal night in an effort to keep my packing list shorter. Thank you for your opinion!
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Menu on "Smart Casual" Night

Hi Sharon,
Even on those Smart Casual nights, the menu still has plenty to offer and one of the things I love about cruising is having dinner in the dinning rooms with new tablemates or friends. Either way, I'm sure you will have an excellent meal where ever you decide to have dinner.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 27th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Cathey

Default Re: Re: Menu on "Smart Casual" Night

Pack the extra jacket and enjoy you dinner. Re-live the day with you new found friends.
Sit back and relax - its better then cookin at home. Now that your all dressed up enjoy one of the clubs onboard for an after dinner drink or take in a show. Thats what the cruise experience is all about. We dressed every night and enjoyed every minute after it. Have fun.
Old July 10th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Menu on "Smart Casual" Night

There are so many misconceptions about clothing on ships. You don't need to be fancy. Just wear a regular dress like you would to work...a nice dress is all you need for formal nights or regular nights. I'm going on my 8th cruise in February and people wear everything from jeans to tuxes - from pantsuits to evening gowns. Definately eat in the diningroom EVERY night. You don't want to miss the fun stuff the waiters do each night along with the wonderful food.