Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Emmy

Default Opinion Needed...what time to book return flight

Will be sailing the Navigator of the Seas in May 2003 and am trying to book airflights. Navigator disembarks in Miami and want to book flight out of FLL airport. I am looking at a 1:20 pm flight. Will this be enough time to get off the ship in Miami and make it to Fort Lauderdale airport. I am wondering since this is such a large ship with LOTS of people who could possibly hold things up. I had one experience a few yearts ago on RCI on Nordic Empress where we did not disembark until 10:30 am. What with extra airport security I would want to be at the aiport ready to go by 11:30 am for a 1:20 pm flight

Also would it be more time effective to buy ship transfers to get to FLL or simply grab a taxi for the drive to FLL?

Emmy
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2002, 02:32 PM
FOXTROT

Default Re: Opinion Needed...what time to book return flight

That return flight time sounds about perfect. Have returned from FLL and always get to the airport by10:00. Get the transfers. Cost by taxi is 58.00 & transfers are 15.00 each. Trouble is with a taxi you pay 1.00 per minute for sitting. In March we had a 1 1/2 hr. traffic jam. Just get off the ship asap & get on an early bus.
Old July 7th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Opinion Needed...what time to book return flight

Hi Emmy,
I think if you take the transfers from the cruiseline, you should be fine, they will get you off the ship earlier, in time to make the flight. Just make sure they know you have a 1 o'clock flight. We were able to make an 11:00 flight from Miami after cruising on Explorer, and even though the ship is large, they do have an organized disembarkment.

Enjoy the cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 8th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Steven

Default Re: Opinion Needed...what time to book return flight

My suggestion to take bus transfers since its cheaper than taking a cab. Its not cheap to take cab in a long ride from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Most of the time, the disembark is usually around 10 a.m. the latest and the flow of disembarkment is not so bad. Just be cautions on those people who have booked 11:00 a.m. or Noon flight... they will be the ones who be running and jumping over people. :-) I remember one couple were fussing and cussing their mouth, so everyone had to get out of their way.
Good luck...
Old August 3rd, 2002, 01:05 AM
Sooshie724

Default Re: Re: Opinion Needed...what time to book return flight

Just an idea, but we always book a late flight out (6:00) and we rent a cheap hotel for the day and spend the afternoon by the pool talking about the cruise and what a great time we had. It extends your vacation a little longer and will only cost your group 50-60 dollars extra (you only need 1 room no matter how many people you have). This way you aren't getting stressed out while they aren't calling your deck right away and you still have something to look forward to before you go back to reality.