Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Passenger

Default 1st cruise & honeymoon, any advise?

I chose RC because it was recommended by family, friends and our travel agent. We booked the Navigator leaving on 5/3/03 out of Miami to the western Caribbean. I booked a category D8 cabin. Is this a good cabin for a honeymoon couple? It's important to us to have a balcony. I know that many of you are experienced cruisers and I would love to read any advice you have for a 1st cruise/honeymoon couple.
Thanks, Dawn
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 1st cruise & honeymoon, any advise?

Hi Dawn,
I think you and your future husband will be very happy with that cabin selection. I know I thought it was the nicest cabin we've had yet, we had a D7 balcony cabin. Very well laid out, like the way they had the furniture, plenty of storage space and decent balcony. Don't worry about the cabin, hope the location is good for you??

Enjoy and Congrats on the upcoming wedding and cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 10th, 2002, 01:42 PM
lvu2cruises

dawn you wont be unhappy with your choice of cruise line .. RCCL is one of the best lines to be on , wife and i have been on 16 cruises 8 on RCCL ,, our 17th cruise will be aug>25 2001 of Adventures of the sea ,, We cant wait love them so ,, just like you will after your first . if you have any question feel free to email me ,, good luck phil and maria new york
Old July 10th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Cathey

Default Re: Re: 1st cruise & honeymoon, any advise?

We were just on Radiance E3 deck 7. It was our 20th anniversary. Plenty of room. Shower could of used a few more inchs. But it was fine. No noise from other cabins. The balconey was the best part of the trip. Very private. We've been on 7 other cruises our second with RCL and we both agree this was the best by far. You'll love the ship and the staff really does go the extra mile for you. If your not happy with anything just ask. RCL really trys there best to accomodate everyone. One word of advise. If you are on board early check out your dinner table. If your not happy ask for a change ( location, number of other guests, etc). Congratulations and enjoy the cruise.
Old July 11th, 2002, 08:58 AM
lvu2cruises

Default Re: Re: Re: 1st cruise & honeymoon, any advise?

cathy ,, hi my name is phil ,, i've been on 16th cruises and going on the AOS RCCL ,, next month
aug.25 and i just have to ask you why was your balcony the best part of your trip ,, having been on many balcony rooms and mini suits ,, the only thing we enjoy about balcony is having coffee in the morning ,and at night as were getting ready for dinner ,, but to say this the best part of a cruise ,,, i dont know about that,, do you not like the rest of the cruises programs .. shows, bars,lounges,poolside,etc..... And another thing about checking your dinning room table ,, when you first get on board and go to the dinning room you on see the tables and chair ,, you may not like the tables need the kitcken,,but has from has far as changing tables you sure well can BUT its like playing roulette ,, you can get great table guess or trouble ones ,, so my advise is go to your first dinning seat and then if you wish to change then do so ,,only adive i would give to a first time cruiser in the dinning room is to sit facing the way the ship is moving ,, so you dont get sea sick ,,my last words are that remeber your on the cruise ship for the length of your vacation , so dont worry that your pillow wasnt fluffed up just right or your tea water wasnt just the right temp,, remeber your not the only one on this cruise ,, SO JUST ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS <<< LIFE IS TO SHORT <<< REMEBER THE PEOPLE THAT CANT OR NOT HERE ON EARTH ANYMORE TO ENJOY CRUISES ,,,,,,
Old July 16th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Cathey

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 1st cruise & honeymoon, any advise?

Hey Phil,
16 cruises. Good for you. Would I change anything about our 6/15 cruise to Alaska? NO WAY. Check out the dining room table. Yes we were stuck at a table for 4 up against a wall. After 70 minutes found a table with 4 wonderful couple from all parts of the world. Yes after one night we all enjoyed after dinner clubs, day time pools, local shore meetings and closed the club @ 2:30 am on the last night. Oh yeah and the age difference was 20 years per person. You are either lucky or stuck for the week. We got lucky.
As far as the balconey being the best part of the cruise! Yes we have always had a Window on other cruises. Getting up in the morning and having coffee was nice. But being able to arrive in a new port or leave one with a seat on the balconey was wonderful. Too open the doors in the morning to see, listen and breath fresh air! Yes that was priceless. Oh and by the way we were playing Lee Greenwood "Proud to be an American" on the balconey.
So you see we all measure our vacations in different ways.
Hope you enjoy yours.
Cathey
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Cruisin' For A Brewsin'

Dawn,

I forsee a very big probelm with your choice, Dawn. I beg you to reconsider booking a balcony with Royal Carribean... BECAUSE NOW YOU WILL BE ADDICTED! ;-)
Old July 29th, 2002, 01:10 AM
cgb

Default Re: Re: 1st cruise & honeymoon, any advise?

Hmmm. One of the things I worry about with having a balcony is just what was mentioned: someone playing music I can hear (that maybe I don't like!) or talking or laughing loudly, or being downwind of their cigar smoke! Also, if it's really hot or humid out, you might not want to have those doors open. I believe the a/c shuts off when they are. if the sun is facing your side of the ship, I've also heard the cabin can get really hot. Not to knock balconies. I'm sure they are really great. But there CAN be disadvantages, too. I've done a number of cruises - all inside cabins except once, and can honestly say that it just doesn't seem I'd get my money's worth by paying hundreds more for a balcony considering the amount of time I'd be on it. But I do think it might be extra special for a honeymoon, so if you can afford one, go for it! But cruising without a balcony is loads of fun just the same.