Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Passenger

Default Crown & Anchor Members!!!

Have any of you used the coupons that are in the quarterly Crown & Anchor magazines you get in the mail. I did and mailed the coupon to my Travel Agent back in March when I booked my cruise to get the discount.....it was for $125 off the price of the cabin. I called my TA back this past week to see what the final balance that has not been paid yet and they say they never got the coupon.....I had to go back and find which issue of the magazine it was from and call them back and tell them......Now they say they just need to "look into it"......Just wondering if anyone out there has had this type of experience when using the "benefit" coupons..

Thanks

Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Crown & Anchor Members!!!

I have used coupons many times and have never had that problem. I send them to my TA and she takes care if it. She usually emails me with the new final balance,
Norma
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Love to Sail

I also use the coupons. I give my TA the coupon and she takes care of it for me. I always have the amount of the coupon taken off my final balance. In fact, on the last two cruises which I booked, total payment was due both times at time of booking. I watched my TA go into a program on her computer to access the RCCL site. She simply had to type the information from the coupon into the computer. The coupon amount was deducted from the price of the cruise immediately.

Before my TA used this method on the computer I made a copy of the coupon to save a few headaches if somehow it got lost along the way.

Good luck and happy sailing!

Love to Sail
Old July 8th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Got2Cruise

Default Re: Re: Crown & Anchor Members!!!

If your travel agent does not accept the coupon, make a big stink. The word on the street is that some travel agents don't like the coupon because then their commission is reduced. We were able to get a $125 credit on our payment using the coupon. Our broker had us fax them the coupon, and they submitted it to RCI. As long as the coupon is legitimate there should be no problem. I have to question what type of agency you used if they are unfamiliar with the RCI coupons. They have been around for years.
Old July 8th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Yeoman

My T/A is shocked that I have a cruise booked WITHOUT a coupon. He has never had any problem with "RCI" but "Celebrity" gave him fits for my cruise earlier in the year.
Old July 8th, 2004, 10:14 PM
browezilla

I know some TA's won't/can't? give you the full face value because they have already discounted the cruise below what the cruise line offers the cruise at. I've always been able to apply the coupon to the price RCCL has on its website, but the TAs I use are significantly lower priced than RCCLs website so the coupon usually get reduced from its "face" value.
Old July 8th, 2004, 10:30 PM
First Mate

Just saved $200 on 2 cabins on my 8/13 Voyager trip - this was AFTER I had made final payment - I just filled out the back of the coupon and faxrd it to my TA - no problems.
Larry
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM
First Mate

We've always used the cupons, and never had any problems from our TA

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old July 11th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Admiral

No problems here, just saved $200, woohoo.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old July 11th, 2004, 05:34 PM
L. Diana

I just received a Crown and Anchor magazine. The coupons inside were for next year...I couldn't submit them now for our 7/30 voyager cruise, can I?
Old July 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Passenger

I don't think you can use the coupons in the C&A magazibne you just got for a cruise that is not specified on the coupon.

I booked my cruise through RCI directly on the phone. When I received my book of coupons, I called them to redeem the coupon. They said I had to mail it. I completed the coupon and mailed it. (I'll spend .37 to save $125).

After about a week or so, I called RCI and my account was credited.

Good luck.

Lisa
Old July 12th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Passenger

Thanks to everyone that replied on this...My TA just emailed me and said that everything was approved through RCI for me to get the discount. This issue was the travel agent's fault anyway since they seemed to have misplaced the coupon when I mailed it to them.

Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:57 PM
CWolsten

RCCL DRAGGED THEIR FEET WITH OUR COUPON, ALSO. MY TA SENT IT IN OCT 03
AND IT WAS NOT POSTED ON MY ACCOUNT UNTIL MAR04. SHE ALSO HAD TO RESEND IT TWICE AS THEY SAID THEY NEVER GOT IT. I WAS THANKFUL I HAD SUCH A GREAT TA, SHE REALLY KEPT ON THEM TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT.
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Ginnie

Travel Agents no longer need to mail the coupons to RCCL. The coupon needs to be attached to the clients file, in case RCCL requests to see it. But the actual discount is done online now. All we need is the proper code. I do it all the time.
Bon Voyage, Ginnie
Old July 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM
First Mate

I was disappointed when I received my new Crown and Anchor book. There was a coupon for my ship, but for cruise dates before and after mine. For some reason mine was excluded from the coupon offer. I don't see much benefit to being a Crown and Anchor member except for these coupons...now I don't get that benefit either.
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Captain

The whole key to taking advantage of the C & A coupons is to be flexible (which probably means to be retired, or to be able to plan ahead). We were lucky to be able to use a coupon after we had already booked our Jewel OTS transatlantic cruise for 9-1-04.

I looked at the coupons in the latest magazine, and I hope to use the one for the Brilliance OTS Mediterannean in September '05. It's far enough in the future that I can plan vacation around that sailing.

As for C & A benefits, I agree that there's nothing great about them until you get to Diamond status. We are Platinum, and the biggest benefit I see is the free internet minutes. Princess seems to have a much better "frequent cruiser" program.

Old July 14th, 2004, 05:46 PM
L. Diana

Larry,

Were the coupons from the recent Crown and Anchor magazine? Were they older ones that specified your 8/13 sailing?

Thanks.
Old October 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM
Sis

Default Re: Re: Re: Crown & Anchor Members!!!

How is everyone getting these coupons from.......for RCCL..
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sis -

The coupons come in the Crown & Anchor magazine, which is available for member who have sailed at least one time with RCCL. I look forward to getting my quarterly issue just to see what kind of deals I can get for my next cruise.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Tony and Melissa

My husband and I used the coupon with no problem. We just gave them the coupon code however, most travel agents and discount agencies will take a percentage off the face value.

It is a lot easier giving the coupon code then mailing the coupon, besides membership can be verified through Crown and Anchor Society.

Good Luck
Old October 2nd, 2004, 02:37 PM
JWB

We've now booked 2 cruises straight through RCCL. It's been a breeze! And this second one, for Thanksgiving week, we used the coupons without any problem. I mailed them to RCCL and called a few weeks later to be sure they had been credited.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Lisa Jay

Hi

We booked through RCCL
And I faxed the coupon with our membership number,booking number and sailing date.
The next day they faxed me back with the adjusted price. No need to mail.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Beginner

What happens if the cruise is already paid for? I sail this Saturday.
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Yeoman

Too Late!!!! Once a cruise is paid for according to travel agent, you can make no changes. Sorry, maybe next time.
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

If you are a C&A member bring it (coupon) along and talk to the C&A ambassador and they will shure try. I was sucessful last year doing just that. I too have used the C&A exclusive coupons and booked direct with RCCL no problem..

Old October 7th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Brad Montgomery

I have used the coupons before and had no trouble. Seems to me like some of the "problems" I read about above are caused by the TA. You have to choose a TA and build a relationship with them, then they will fight for your rights. We use a TA that was a friend of my father. We have booked all 7 cruises through her and I know that any time I call on her she will look out for our rights even if she looses a few dollars.

If the TA knows that you will come back to them every time you plan a cruise (or vacation in general) they will go to bat for you. Our TA has gotten us quite a few ameneties over the years. You can't use a TA the way you use Travelocity or the cruise line's reservation system.
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM
First Mate

We have never had a problem with a coupon either from Crown & Anchor or Captains Club. We have a;ways just given it to the TA and she has always taken care of it.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:26 AM
browezilla

I have had a smilar experience where the TA said they never received it in the mail. Another friend had a Celebrity coupon "lost" the same way. You could try mailing it via required signature, but they can still say that it got lost in the office. I've gotten in the habit now of scanning/copying mine before mailing them in.
Old October 10th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Smudgie

We used the coupon on our last cruise which was on Brilliance and the coupon came in the mail just before final payment was due. Our TA had us send it to her right away, but warned us to take copies of it since they have been known to get lost between her and RCCL. So, we make copies but had no problem.
Old October 10th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

Dose anyone have Issue 3 2004? I didn get mine and Crown And Anchor said they dont have extra copies...take a hike! I want to know if there is a coupon for Voyager May 7 2005 from Miami.
Thanx