Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Passenger

Default Excursion Suggestions for Western Caribbean

Please give me feedback on good and bad excursion experiences while in the following areas:

Labadee, Hispaniola
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
Cozumel, Mexico

My son (age 9) and I, will be cruising the Western Caribbean on the Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas on Dec. 7, 2002.

Please email me at:
mariab@core.com

Thanks!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Excursion Suggestions for Western Caribbean

Hi Maria,
Be sure to take your son to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, I bet he will really enjoy swimming with them, its a great excursion. Good idea to pick up an underwater camera at home before you cruise. Dunns Rivers falls is also fun in Jamaica and when we were in Labadee, we did the waverunner tour, great fun and you can drive it on the slow side or be up in front going faster, your choice.

I absolutely loved our Explorer cruise, I'm sure you will too, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 14th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Excursion Suggestions for Western Caribbean

For your 9 year old, I would definitely do Stingray City in Grand Vayman. That is great fun for any age, and something you won't do anywhere else. Labadee is just a beach day-rent a mat and maybe learn to snorkle.
Old July 29th, 2002, 12:52 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Excursion Suggestions for Western Caribbean

I DEFINITELY agree with the other posters: Don't miss Stingray City OR Dunn's River Falls. And if you are going to Cozumel, take a taxi the few miles to Chankanaab. It's a beach/park and the snorkeling is GREAT as far as what you will see under the water. I think the taxi will cost about $8 and the entrance fee about $l0. You can rent the gear on the beach. Also, there are many good excursions to nice snorkeling areas in Cozumel, some by catamaran that stop at a beach.