Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Keith and Judy

Default PRICE DROP

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IF MY CRUISE DROPS IN PRICE I CAN GET THE $ BACK? WILL IT HAVE TO BE FOR MY CABIN CATEGORIE THAT I AM STAYING IN? WHAT IF THE SHIP SELLS OUT? SO HOW DO I FIND OUT IF THE PRICE DROPS? I AM GOING ON THE ENCHANMENT OF THE SEA'S DEC 15.
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2002, 11:57 AM
browezilla

Default Re: PRICE DROP

If the price drops for YOUR CATEGORY of cabin, then you can get the difference back via your Travel Agent. Some of the better TA's do perioidic searches for their clients to refund the money to them without a call...but, you or the TA will have to request the difference from RCCL.

The best thing to do is for YOU to keep an eye on prices in newspapers, RCCL's site, websites like this one, etc. to see if the price for your category of room goes for a lower price. Whether the ship sells out is inconsequential, what's important is "did the price drop for your category of room" and "did you call while the price was reduced". Calling once the price retreats to higher dollar amounts means "you missed the boat" :-)
Old July 15th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Admiral

MAYBE you can get the lower price. Many times the lower rate is for a differant cat, certain individuals for certain areas, or new bookings only. Your TA is you best source of advice in that matter. You really need to talk to him/her about this and make sure that your TA is one that will honor a lowered price. Remember, just because you see a price lower than what you paid, it may just be the agency and not what YOUR TA is selling the cruise at.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 16th, 2002, 10:23 AM
D.J.

I purchased my cruise from an online site of a TA specializing in cruises. I did the preliminary research on their site but talked to their agent on the phone before booking. I booked the cruise about 9 months in advance because the deal was incredible at the time. Just for grins I check their web site every week or so to see what the current price would be for my catagory cabin. The prices went up for a couple of months then for a short period of time the price went down about $ 350.00 total less than I had paid. I emailed my TA and he promptly re-booked us at the lower fare. I continued to track the fares and it has only gone up since then. To book our cabin now would cost us almost
$ 1,000.00 more than we paid!! I know a lot of people don't like dealing with an internet site for travel but I believe I found the best of both worlds with a TA that has a comprehensive interactive site to check the current prices along with REAL people you can talk to with any questions.

D.J.
Old July 22nd, 2002, 01:26 PM
Verna

Default Re: Re: PRICE DROP

May I ask who your T/A is?