Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Yeoman

Default Explorer-shore excursions

Hi all, we are booking the Explorer for the Nov.2nd sailing and I was wondering if anyone has done the dolphin encounter in Nassau? and the seatrecking one in St. Thomas??...I have always wanted to do a dolphin encounter and wonder if anyone has done this one before?...It looks great, but I would like to know it isn't a rip off...the seatrecker, looks like fun, hair and head do not get wet with this thing you wear, looks interesting, lol...We did the Voyager 2 yrs ago, and just loved it, and this year we were deciding beetween the Norweigian Sun, going to Roatan & Belize, Cozumel, and grand cayman, but I am a little hesitant with this free style cruising deal...I just can't imagine that it will be as great as Voyager, and or the Explorer, lol...Any comments would be appreciated....thanks in advance...Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2002, 04:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Explorer-shore excursions

Hi Cheryl

My wife and I did the Dolphin Encounter on our last cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, and it was terrific. We got some great photos of us with the dolphins and a video tape is also available from the place (for a cost) if you want it. We got two key chains with our photos as the dolphin kissed us each--- pretty kewl. All in all, I would say this is one excursion that's not a rip off....however, BEWARE----DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A LATE IN THE DAY EXCURSION on this one....you may end up freezing to death...lol...make it between 11am and 1pm and you should be fine.

GOOD CRUISING!
John
Old July 29th, 2002, 01:49 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Explorer-shore excursions

I have some teens wanting to do the Dolphin Encounter next spring. About how much did it cost, can you recall?
Also, to the original poster, Cruise Magazine has an article in it's latest edition about the freestyle cruising on the Sun. You may enjoy reading it. Sounds like there are still a few problems to be worked out. Princess may have that style down a little better so far. Never having done it, I don't know for sure. I don't THINK I'd like it. Just too used to meeting new people and dining the "old" way.