Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Sailfish

Default Attention: 12/15 Enchantment Scuba Divers: Cozumel & Co

We will be on the December 15th sailing of the Enchantment of the Seas. My husband and I are certified scuba divers looking to put together a small dive group in Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Since our ship gets into each of these ports AFTER the dive boats have already left for the morning, if we can get a group of five or six divers together, we could make arrangements to go diving before we arrive in port. We did this a couple of years ago, and it worked out well. Even if you are not on our ship, we will be in Cozumel on Tuesday, December 17th. Check your itinerary, and if you're interested, either reply to this message, or drop me an email.

We would rather not book the diving through the cruise line, but we will if we have to in Cozumel. These groups are too large and the dive operation used by RCCL, SandDollar, doesn't have a great reputation. Besides, we also want to dive in Costa Maya, and RCCL does not offer scuba there.

We will be diving from shore in Grand Cayman, but you're welcome to join us. Not sure what day we get into GC, though. We always travel with our gear, so in Mexico, we're looking at $55 for two tanks (with weights) - more if you need equipment. If you have a particular dive shop in mind, let us know. We frequently dive with Ecodivers in Cozumel, who will take five in a group out on a fast boat and honor the ship's schedule. Although both my husband and I are experienced divers, we have no problems diving with mixed ability levels.
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Keith and Judy

Default Re: Attention: 12/15 Enchantment Scuba Divers: Cozumel &

my husband and my self will be on that ship i am not cert. i have dove in hawaii i loved it, my husband hated it. he did say he may try it again, how will that work with us? at the last if he will not go i will and he can hang at the beach or somthing? i was told that there is snorkling in costa maya we may do that there but in cozumel i am intrested. now in grand cayman i think i am going to sighn up w/ a out side company to see the sting rays. so cozumel may be possible. we own no stuff to dive.so how will that work we go right off shore and dive? i have thought of getting cert? so we go to any beach you have been to cozumel, so i take it you know of some great dive spots? where are you staying on the ship? we are both in our middle 30's from wi. its our 1st cruise.have you been on this ship? what can we expect?we are staying on the main deck in n section.my e-mail is kdoubledog@hotmail.com if you want to e-mail me to i can say more personal things like room# not everyone needs to know that?very cool
Old July 22nd, 2002, 06:01 PM
Sailfish

Default Re: Attention: 12/15 Enchantment Scuba Divers: Cozumel &

Thanks for the reply. I'll send you an email. In the mean time, sign up for the cruise party on www.rccl.com.

Take care.

Suzi
Old July 25th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: Attention: 12/15 Enchantment Scuba Divers: Cozumel

Keith and Judy,

The dive shops that go out in the boats are going to need you to be certified but if you want an idea - if you go to Chankanaab Park you can do a vacation cert course and go out on their beach dive - it is a great dive and we are certified and did it. That way you are in the park and can enjoy the park too. Please don't get in over our heads (no punn intended) scuba diving in Cozumel - it can be very dangerous expectially if you do not know what you are doing. They do have divers there die. Debbie