Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2002, 10:52 AM
Muffin

Default Anyone been on Enchantment of the Seas

Would like to know if the Enchantment of the Seas has a basketball court?

What are anyones thoughts on a cruise for 8, with 4 children ages 21, 17, 15, and 11?

Thinking about the Western Carribbean in March 2003.

Thanks for you response.

Muffin
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2002, 11:02 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone been on Enchantment of the Seas

hi...just returned from a cruise on enchantment of the seas and no, there was not a basketball court. This is not one of those mega mega ships...it's at 74,000 tons. the explorer and ships of that series are over 140,000 tons so maybe one of those ships has a basketball court. The enchantment is a beautiful ship!! Enjoy.
Old July 23rd, 2002, 03:20 PM
Sue2

Enchantment is a beautiful ship.Not a mega ship with all the "gadgets" like explorer but very nice. I loved it. Solarium pool can be covered during bad weather. Nice place to spend without kids.You will enjoy it! There is also a regular pool where kids can splash and they have the kids ocean adventure club. Happy cruising!

Enchantment 2000
Majesty 2001
Explorer of the Seas Christmas 2002
Old July 23rd, 2002, 04:48 PM
hppypaul

Default Re: Re: Anyone been on Enchantment of the Seas

This was my very first cruise (eastern carib) 3 years ago and it was awesome. Liked is so much I'm doing it again in 4 weeks (western carib). Great ship.
Old July 26th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Tim Webb

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone been on Enchantment of the Seas

I've sailed the Enchanment twice. Once to the East and Once to the West. I took the Explorer on the East with my children for spring break. It was an awesome vacation for them. Personally, my wife and I prefer the smaller ship, But if I can ever afford to take the kids again it will be on one of the Mega ships. They loved it.
Old July 29th, 2002, 12:37 AM
mlbcruiser

We have sailed her & she's a great ship. In fact, we had teens w/us. However, there is no basketball court. Princess does have some ships that have them, but they DO limit the number of teens on board all sailings to about l00 or so. There are just a few others that do have them - NCL's Norway (older ship & maybe not the best choice w/teens). Carnival (at least their newer ships) do not have them. The Navigator of the Seas should have one, will be very new, and is doing the W. Caribbean next spring. You kids should LOVE her, with all the stuff there is to do on board that is out of the usual realm of cruising - like the roller blading track, ice rink, rock wall, etc. Mostly your kids will have a good time based on the kids they meet and hang out with. Encourage them to take part in any get togethers for their age group and to SMILE and not be afraid to talk to other kids. Sometimes it's hardest for those who are at the "in-between" stage of about l7 - too young to be allowed into the adult discos and too young to like the teen stuff filled w/l4 and l5 yr. olds. As long as they meet others, though, they'll be fine. Have a great cruise, whichever one you choose.