Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Default Lowest Outside Cabins on Rhapsody

We got a really good deal on the lowest cat. outside cabins on the Rhapsody. No balcony, don't care...last minute thing. Are most of the standard outside rooms the same? I've also heard that we sould bring a hair dryer...true? Also, the cabins are on deck 2. Is it a long hike if you don't want to take the elevators?
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Lowest Outside Cabins on Rhapsody

When are you sailing? We're going to be on ROS 9/1/02 - First cruise ever.

I've read that there are hairdryers in all the rooms, but I can't answer the other questions.

Happy Sails!

Sherie
Old July 25th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

#1Yes the room size is pretty much the same and you will have a nice view of the water (seriously it is a nice, relaxing view of the water moving out from underneath the ship).
#2Hair dryers are standard now but not very powerful.
#3 YES it is a long hike to just about anywhere but you won't gain any weight!
Old July 25th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Happy Camper

Rick - whena re you going? We are going Oct. 13. We are in and inside guarantee for the first time. We usually like outside but on this date it seems they are still too high. Debbie
Old July 25th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Admiral

We're taking our son for his birthday on 1/26/03. I wish they would put up the Belize excursions on the RCI website. So far, there's no excursions offered, and we really want to go diving in Belize and Cozumel. We found a fairly reasonable rate on i-cruise, and our TA matched it! I guess it's just as well that we'll be hiking up and down stairs.....keeps the poundage off!
Old July 25th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: Lowest Outside Cabins on Rhapsody

I'm hoping to be diving in both locations as well as Key West. We are on the Rhapsody in Oct. Captains Corner in Key West is PAdi and they do a 2 tank dive starting at 6:30pm. THe last dive is a night dive. They were real nice to talk to. I'm not sure they are doing it in January though. As for Beliza we are trying to find a dive that is less than $150 per person. It seems they want to take you out to the Blue Hole and the other atolls but I can't afford that as it would be $300 for both my hubby and I. With only $900 on the cruise that is hard to swallow. We have a dive shop we go with sometimes in Cozumel and they are good - I'll get their name if you want. No more than 5-6 divers on the boat and they take care of your gear too. Good rental gear too. Last time we went to Chankanaab park and did a shore dive for $25 a person with renting BCs. It is 40 foot dive and great - even has a tiny cave! BIG Baracuda, HUGE tarpin, and lots and lots of other fish, the cave, some statues, etc. Our lens cover was on our camera so we want to redo it and get the pictures... Debbie
Old July 28th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Passenger

Debbie,

We are also sailing the Rhapsody on the 13 Oct. This will be our first cruise, and we just can't wat!!!
Old July 29th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Sherri Lynn

Hi Debbie,

We are also going on 10/13/02. Any kids coming with you? My husband and I are bringing our three kids - 15 y/o boy, 12 y/o girl, and a 7 y/o girl. My parents are also going! We are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary!

Sherri