Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Default Navigator Jan 25

Anyone else going on the Navigator Jan 25? I can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Dan and DeAnn

Default Re: Navigator Jan 25

Hi Sue,

We are part of a group, from two Florida corvette clubs, going 25 Jan 03. So far the group includes five couples and two singles. We hope to have 18 or 20 by the time we sail. This will be our 4th annual cruise and our longest to date. We began with three day cruises. Did a five day Caribbean last year and now want try this seven day. The group has only sailed Carnival previously, so Royal Caribbean will be a new experience for most.

DeAnn and I, however, have sailed seven or eight times w/RCCL and know that our group is in for a real treat as compared to our past Carnival sailings. Especially with the Voyager Class Ships (DeAnn and I have previously sailed Voyager, Explorer & Adventure).

Have you registered for the party yet? If not, look on the Royal Caribbean website to do so. There was 16 registered the last time I checked. You will see that the minimum to establish the party is 25, so, sign up if you haven't already.

Less than six month and counting. See you on the ship.

Dan and DeAnn
Old July 27th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Navigator Jan 25

Hi Dan and DeAnn!

Glad to hear we are not the only ones! We have sailed on RCCL before too but never on the voyager class ships. We are also from Florida, Naples. Did you know the Navigator is having a inaugural cruise Dec 12 fro Miami. We are almost 100% sure to go and check it out! What deck are you on? We are in a suite .Deck 7 I think. Nothing left on deck 10! We will register with RCCL too.Happy cruising!
Old July 27th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I MAY be on the Jan. 25 sailing of Navigator. We're doing the CruiseMates Group cruise on the Carnival Legend Jan13-21, and considering staying in Florida for 4 days, then jumping ship to meet other friends sailing Nav.

The problem right now is the outrageous prices we're finding for hotels in Florida for the 4 days in between.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 27th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Dan and DeAnn

Default Re: Re: Re: Navigator Jan 25

Our clubs are from Gainesville and Ocala. Most of our group will be on deck seven, full aft. DeAnn and I are in the port side corner (aft and port view w/balcony that is six times the size of the side ones). We were in the same location on Explorer and Adventure and loved it.

Hope you like your suite. We have a full aft corner suite on Carnival Pride this November and are really looking forward to the walk-in closet, whirlpool tub, etc. Nothing like being spoiled on a cruise.

Naples is a great place, especially since the recent growth and revitalization that has been going on the last several years. Last time we were there was for a corvette show at the Chevrolet dealership. Do you know Dr. Lanier (Golden Gate Animal Clinic)?
Old July 27th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Dan and DeAnn

Hi Kuki,

Hope you CAN make it. Last time you and I sailed together was on Carnival's.......meet Bob Dickinson cruise, remember? That was our clubs first group sailing. Bob sure knows his wines doesn't he? That private party was great and very informative.

You are right about the hotel prices. We like the Best Western Marina Park Hotel since it is the closest to the Cruise Port entrance and is directly across the street from Bayside. Just a couple of years ago you could get a Bay side view, including breakfast, for about $70.00 bucks. This upcoming stay is $129.00. Hard to swallow, but it is just ONE night and I guess the convenience is worth it.
Old July 27th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Navigator Jan 25

No sorry don't know the doc. My husband works there but we live in Punta Gorda. Yes naples is nice but real expensive. We will be on deck 7 cabin 7394 we might be near you!?
Old July 27th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Kukki that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!!! Go to priceline.com and tell them what you want to pay! I am sure you wil find something.That would be so neat!
Old July 29th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Dan and DeAnn

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navigator Jan 25

Yes, you are between some of our staterooms. We have the corners on either side of yours as well as the ones next to the corners. What a small world (ship.......ha). Cool.
Old July 29th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Dan and DeAnn

Default Navigator Jan 25

You will have more privacy on the deck seven balcony than on deck ten (or 8 or 9). Anything higher than deck seven can be seen from above due to the upward slope of the ship. Diners standing at the glass in the island grill can even see the aft portion of the balconies. See the attached photo of model. Deck seven is the one in line with the upper of the two large circles.

Old July 29th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Hi! Thats funny we will be so close together! Now there is a divider between the balcony and can you see in the other persons balcony? Thanks for any help
Happy cruising
Old July 30th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Dan and DeAnn

Attached is a photo of the divider between balconies. Sorry for photo quality, however higher resolution photo was too large to be accepted. About all you could see thru the divider would be a shadow.

See you on the ship.

Old July 30th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Thanks for all the info....see you there...
Old July 31st, 2002, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Navigator Jan 25

One more question <i know I can be pesty>Someone told me the C category is not considered a suit and a misprint in the catalog. Also no concierge service.Is this true? If this is the case I will drop a category to D something and save money. I don't think I can afford B....Thanks for the help you are most highly helpful....
Old July 31st, 2002, 08:36 AM
Dan and DeAnn

Default Navigator Jan 25

I believe all you are saying is correct. I have not booked a 'C' as I did not believe it was worth the extra money for what you got. From what I remember seeing of the aft 'C' on Voyager, Explorer & Adventure they are larger than say the aft 'DB' we have always booked (slightly wider & 2-3 feet deeper). The cabinets are righer looking but I think the darker wood made the room dark & dreary, as compared to the lighter veneers which helped make the room feel larger. They do have a tub, but the round showers are roomy enough for us. Aft is still the way to go if you like a large balcony (remember the others are only 1/3 as deep.......just enough room to stand, or sit in a standard chair.......note previous photo). Just my thoughts.
Old July 31st, 2002, 01:42 PM
Admiral

I am so glad we get info from the Internet! I called RCCL and yes indeed it is correct.All the brochures are printed wrong and I guess they don't give extra service to C suits anymore. But I talked to them and they will honor my booking suite with all the perks since it is stated in the catalog I have.All I needed was my booking number and they will make the arrangements. Now I know for sure I will NEVER book this category again.I paid $1100 more then cat D9 and what do I get?
I think they are switching all the C suites to no more "perks". i think this is a mistake since people will most likely switch to D9 etc now.
Old August 2nd, 2002, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Kuki,
I hope you are on the ship with us any my husband and Kiki say HI too.
Tj