Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

Does anyone know if within the next 8 months or so if RC will be offering any Uxmal or Merida excursions from Progreso? At this time, they have no excursions from there.
I emailed them with no response back. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

I have made no secret that after eleven cruises with "RCI" I am fed up with their lack of "Customer Service." IF they don't respond, plese book with a cruise line that will. It is the only way they will get the me$$age. Happy hunting, Robbie
Old July 28th, 2002, 06:12 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

While you're waiting, you may wish to check out the excursions for Progresso at the Carnival site. I understand that Celebrity also has some excursions listed on its web site for Progresso, which are probably a good indicater for RCL. Norwegian also has visited there this year.

We were there in June on Carnival's Pride. Carnival did offer a tour to Merida with a small rodeo and some shopping. Most of the Progresso tours were to different Mayan ruins. We went on a City tour and then to Altun Ha (a smaller Mayan ruin) since it was a half day excursion and we didn't want to tie up a whole day. The ruins were fascinating and surrounded by jungle -- don't forget to bring bug spray!!! The town isn't developed and the cruise ships don't recommend walking around. Carnival didn't have any recommended stores, for what that's worth. The kayaking excursion sold out very quickly. Have a great time!
Old July 30th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

I've actually emailed them about a couple other things and have called them direct and they have responded. This is the first time they didn't. I guess you've had worse luck than me.
Old July 30th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

I'd like to go to Merida/rodeo type thing. That would be fun. My friend would like to see ruins. I wish they'd get on the stick and offer something so we are not out on our own without knowing any spanish.
Old July 30th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

After scrutinizing several web-sites I probably over-reacted since different people have bad experiences on all the cruise lines. It just really got my goat when I have done over 20 cruises and half of them have been with "RCI" (and I am only 51so lots of cruising left to do). I have only complained to them once before and they ignored that complaint too (in 1998 and it was a post-cruise problem). Maybe they think I am a chronic complainer but that is not the case. I sent an e-mail to "Crown and Anchor" desk on 07-03-02 and once again, no response. So I just confirmed my new booking on "Carnival" and we'll see what happens (cabin is much larger and beds convert to a king so maybe "RCI" is doing me a backhanded favor).
Old July 31st, 2002, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Waiting for RCCL Offer Excursions - Progreso

I actually got a response from them today, 7/31 after emailing them a second time a couple days ago. They said that the new excursions for 2003 come out in Sept or Oct. so I'll have to wait till then.