Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2002, 06:24 PM
ShawnL

Default Voyager

Thinking of going on the Voyager March 2003 with my husband and 10yr daughter. Is this a good ship for children? Only been on one cruise and it was the Carnival Pride this past March. I know we want a balcony room - which one do you pick??

Thanks,
Shawn L
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Voyager

Hi Shawn,
Having cruised on Explorer, I would say YES, Voyager would be an excellent choice for a family cruise! CAn't say enough about the ship, we just loved it. We had a balcony cabin on D7 and it was perfect, nice layout of the cabin, plenty of storage space and a nice balcony.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 27th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Passenger

Hi Shawn,

We're booked on that cruise March 16th, Western Caribbean. We have a 13 yr. old son. We've always cruised Carnival and loved tham all but wanted to try this RCCL ship. Heard so much about it from friends and the message boards. Saw a special last night on the travel channel showing it. Now i'm really excited! This is also our first Balcony room. Have a D9 catagory on deck 9. The ship is almost full becuase that is spring break time. If you do book then let me know we can chat before we go then meet on board.
Debbie
Old July 28th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Yeoman

Don't overlook the "Radiance" during same time since these class of ships have left the other "RCI" ships behind. "Brilliance" is out but will be a longer itinerary in March. We don't have children but the play area on the "Radiance" was huge and is staffed for young people groups.
Old July 31st, 2002, 09:41 AM
chipm

Default Re: Re: Voyager

The Voyager class are great for everyone, and the kids programs are top notch. We sailed on Explorer, and didn't take our kids (yeah!), but we did take a hard look at the programs, talked to the counselors, and parents on board, and we were very impressed. Great kids pool, kids rooms, teen rooms, etc. they really do a great job.
We plan on taking our young kids next time around.
Old August 3rd, 2002, 12:16 AM
Passenger

We were on Voyager in March during "spring break". I was worried that there would be too many college-age kids, but not at all. My daughter was 13 and absolutely loved the teen center and met up with a group of kids (13-16 years) so that she had friends all day every day. There were separate activities for those younger than 13.

The ship was absolutely full, but we never felt overcrowded.
Voyager is wonderful for children and adults alike. I would go back on it in a heartbeat and my daughter took ages to get over the cruise having to end. She was in tears all the way home on the plane!!!!!

We were in a DA cabin 8th deck - toward the front and close to the stairs and elevators. I thought this was absolutely fine. We were three in this type of cabin and had plenty of room. There is very good closet space too. My daughter's bunk bed pulled down from the ceiling each night and was at 90degrees to our bed, so that basically she was lying above our heads. The balcony was great, because my husband could sit and watch the waves while my teenager "made herself beautiful"!

I would probably get a DB cabin next time, because it is exactly the same as DA, but as it is on a lower deck it is a bit cheaper. On Voyager I really don't think it matters whether you are on deck 6,7, or 8

Have a wonderful time - we certainly did.