Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Sailfish

Default Anniversary Celebrations: What does RCCL do for the couple?

We've been on other cruiselines to celebrate our anniversary, but never with RCCL. Although it's been five years since our last cruise aboard a Royal Caribbean ship, we are platinum Crown and Anchor members. Before I go to the trouble of ordering an "Anniversary Package" for around $100, can anyone tell me what RCCL does for the couple (besides providing a cake on formal night). We booked our cruise abaord the Vision of the Seas (October 14th) through Travelocity and informed the agent of our upcoming anniversary. He couldn't say one way or an other if we got a complementary bottle of champagne at embarkation, or if Royal Caribbean does anything special (like evening treats delivered to the stateroom).

I have purchased one of these amenities packages through Carnival, and came away quite disappointed. On the other hand, for our 10th anniversary aboard Princess, we got nightly treats and two bottles of champagne (one at embarkation and one with breakfast in bed) for no additional fee.

Before I order this through Royal Caribbean, I thought I'd solicit your comments on the subject. Has anyone ever ordered an Anniversary or Honeymoon package through the cruise line? Can we request a glass of champagne in lieu of the cake at formal night (I would prefer the nightly desert selection over the cake). Has anyone ever tried to do this?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Mary Martin

Default Re: Anniversary Celebrations: What does RCCL do for the coup

We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Monarch in 1999. We told our TA we were celebrating our anniversary and all we got was the cake which was very tastey by the way. We ordered the anniversary package and we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room when we arrived. We had a champagene breakfast in bed one morning, canapes before dinner,the first formal night, and choclate covered strawberries
waiting in our room after dinner (my favorite) and we got a formal 8x10 portrait in a silver frame. I felt like a queen! It was well worth it. I don't know if they do anything special now as it's been 3 years and things may have changed. Like I said the cake was absolutely wonderful. Happy anniversary!
Happy cruising,
Mary Martin
Old August 5th, 2002, 12:47 PM
tinker

Default Re: Re: Anniversary Celebrations: What does RCCL do for the

I celebrated a couple of anniversaries onboard RCCL ships and I have never gotten anything except for the cake after dinner. I am a Diamond Member so I don't think it really matters what you are. Go ahead and treat yourself to the anniversary package. I'm sure it will be worth it.
Old August 5th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Anniversary Celebrations: What does RCCL do for

We cruised on the Enchantment in 1997 (when it was brand new) for our 25th. Then, too, the cruise line only gave us a cake, but our TA ordered champagne and crudites for us for the first formal night (which happened to be our actual anniversary). I surprised my husband and ordered the package that included a "welcome aboard" champagne, champagne breakfast one morning, canapes before dinner (2 nights, I think) and petit fours after dinner (also 2 nights, I believe). It also included a visit to the spa for each of us, two robes to keep and a bridge tour. It was well worth the money (and hubby was very surprised and pleased with both the tour and the spa).
Old August 5th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Yeoman

SO I don't go off on a rant here (who said that?).........Friday is my LAST cruise with "RCI" because of poor customer service AND how may amenities they have done away with. The cake is it unless you pay the (premium) price for the package. As a "Diamond" member I have put up with the smaller cabins for some very nice trips and gifts along the way (remember the past cruiser gifts anyone?). Unfortunately, I am not even looking forward to my trip on the "Legend ot Seas" but am looking forward to trying my larger room and King size bed on "Carnival" in April (comparable price too).
Old August 6th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sailfish:

Sorry, only cake, however, I am also on Vision 10/14 as well as 10/18 for back to back and would love to treat you and your spouse to a glass of bubbly and toast our cruise and your "versery".

Leslie

Vision 10/14/02
Vision 10/18/02
Brilliance 12/13/02
Old August 6th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Sailfish

Default Re: Re: Anniversary Celebrations: What does RCCL do for the

It would be nice to meet up with you, Leslie. I wonder who else might also be going.

Suzi