Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Beginner

Default a good idea!

I don't know if this has been posted but my family and I will be taking Rapsody to the Western Carribean October 6th. Royal Carribean has a shuttle from the DFW area in Texas to Galveston. What is ironic is the shuttle embarks 2 blocks from my house in Mesquite. 25.00 round-trip per psn. I was told it went up to 80.00 a few weeks ago. Still I'd rather be leaving the driving to someone else.

Post Edited (08-06-02 07:28)
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2002, 06:55 PM
First Mate

Default Re: a good idea!

We live in Mesquite, too, and are going on the 8/25 Rhapsody. I thought that the bus departed from DFW and hadn't heard that it picked up in Mesquite. We are planning on driving to Galveston the Saturday before and staying at a motel close to the pier. $80 pp is a little steep, but can you give me more specifics? Where in Mesquite does it pick up? When? We live close to the rodeo.
Old August 7th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Thad

Hello Richard, I noticed that you are on the same sailing date that we are on out of Galveston. The Rhapsody is a great ship. I wanted to let you know that there is a group of people that have the same sailing date as us on the Rhapsody that have met on the website cruisecritic.com. Cruise critic has a promotion with Royal carribean that if 25 passengers register throught the website, the cruise line will host a private onboard party. To find us at the site, go to the message boards under Royal carribean. Then check for a thread named Roll call ~Rhapsody~ 10/6/02. We would love for you to join us.
We sailed on the Rhapsody this past may, two different couples that we met took advantage of the bus service from Dallas. All of them said it was wonderful, very smooth and timely.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thad
Old August 12th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: a good idea!

It is my understanding the pickup point will be by the Walgreens at the corner of Town East and Galloway. This is what Donnie at Acecruises verified for me. BTW my neighbors booked the same cruise. Are you bringing any children?

Regards (and counting the days),

Richard Svalesen
Old August 12th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Beginner

I just talked to my travel agent. RC did indeed change the pickup to 4100 w. Airport Freeway. Just wanted to let you know.