Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2002, 09:37 AM
tjfrancis

Default 1st RCI cruise, group

I am planning a group cruise with some friends. Probably mid January to end of February, not sure yet. I would appreciate any tips, ways to get the best price on a cruise, and airfare out of St Louis. I need feedback soon, because I know I need to start planning now. Also, what is your recommendation for which ship to go on. I have cruised the western caribbean, and was thinking about doing the southern this time. Also, we like to party and drink. Thanks in advance, please post to me or e-mail me.

tjfrancis
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 1st RCI cruise, group

January is off time for the cruise lines and you can get some real deals. I've found it better to wait as long as possible to book because the price drops as it gets closer to departure date. If you really want to save some money on the overall vacation consider renting a van with unlimited mileage and drive to New Orleans (11.5 hours) and take a cruise from there. Saving the airfare can go to the bar bill, which should be extensive<g>. If somebody in your group is bringing a camcorder you can watch videos of the cruise on the return drive to St. Louis.

On the other hand, if you want to do a southern or eastern Caribbean cruise you'll need to go to Florida or San Juan. Cruising that time of the year will mean more adults and less kids. Try to book a cruise that suits your preferences, i.e. lots of port days or lots of sea days, lengthy port stays or in-and-out, ports with good shopping or ports with lots of bars, etc.

Regard,
Thomas
Old August 6th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: 1st RCI cruise, group

Depending on the numbers in your group, you should start shopping Travel Agents who may offer perks such as cocktail parties, champagne in cabin, etc.

If the group is smaller, you might find a TA who has group space booked already on some sailings, and will share the lower group rates, and associated perks.

You may want to post here on CruiseMate's "Bargain Finder" to see if you get any interesting proposals.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/