Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2002, 08:35 PM
teddie

Default C Cabin location on EOS

Here's my two-part question; thanks in advance for any help!

Our first cruise is on the EOS April 19, 2003! One of the choices I had was Cat C on deck 6 way aft with our balcony facing out the back of the ship. Although the view sounded heavenly, I was concerned about noise & motion (I must use a scop patch on air & water), and ultimately switched to a C cabin on deck 9, midship. I'll stick with this cabin! Any comments on my choice?

At approx 288 sq ft, the C "suite" will be fine for us, as it's just my husband & I, and our teenaged son. Is this suite really a suite, though? There doesn't seem to be a separate sleeping or sitting area from what I can tell.
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: C Cabin location on EOS

YIKES! You gave up an aft cabin? These are tremendous and I have had a category "C" on the "Vision" that was aft-facing and just had an aft-facing "D" on the "Legend" to Australia/New Zealand. The rear balcony is an almost always an extended balcony due to the slant on most ships. EOS may be not be this way but the noise is not a factor and due to the ship's size, the movement should not have an effect on you. Watching the water trail out into the distance in addition to the overall view is a really nice perk. The cruise lines are catching up to those of us who love the aft-facing and charging more for them. Hope this helps, Robbie
Old August 7th, 2002, 08:07 PM
teddie

Default Re: Re: C Cabin location on EOS

yes, Robbie, I gave up the aft cabin, and I hope that I don't regret it. I did it for the following reasons:

..I have a serious motion sickness problem. I do great with a scop patch in the air & on sea, but I don't want to push it, and possibly spoil my cruise . A combination of extra motion in the aft section, plus facing out the back may not agree with me..

...also, my husband and son want to be closer to the elevators etc

I'll see how I do on this my first cruise, and maybe consider an aft cabin or the next one!

Thanks for your comments on this board, I've found them very helpful so far!
Old August 8th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: C Cabin location on EOS

We will have an aft cabin on the Navigator on both of our cruises <as a matter of fact we booked the same cabins for two different cruises.We too heard the aft cabins are super and have huge balconies. Someone gave us a picture it is indeed very large.Can't wait!