Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Pam K

Default Difference in Rooms -Brillance

We are booked for a cruise on Aug. 27, 2002, and we have our room assigned, but what I'm trying to figure out is what the difference between a Deluxe Oceanview and a Superior Ocean view, and from the diagram that RCL has on their website I can't tell. And can anyone tell me what the room numbers are on the diagram??? I can't read them because they are so small on my screen. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe
Default Re: Difference in Rooms -Brillance

I also had trouble reading the cabin numbers. I found the below site which allows you to click on the deck for an enlarged view.

http://www.royalcarib.com/rcldeck/rclbrilliance_8.html

Good luck and have fun!!
Old August 8th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Pam K

Default Re: Re: Difference in Rooms -Brillance

Thanks for your help.
Old August 8th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Passenger

I am going on 9/15. Please let us all know how wonderful it was when you get back.
thanks
Old August 9th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Pam K

Default Re: Re: Difference in Rooms -Brillance

Joy,
We won't be back to the States until Sept. 15, so I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you. We have some friends that took the same cruise on another cruise line and they said it was "wonderful", they loved it. They said that the only port you really need to do he tour with is St. Petersburg, they were able to do all the other ports on their own. We are going to do the tour in St. Pete's and the rest on our own, we love adventures!!!!
Pam
Old August 9th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Difference in Rooms -Brillance

Well then I guess we will just have to compare notes later. Have a great time.
Old August 13th, 2002, 10:47 AM
BillG

The primary differences between the Deluxe Oceanview staterooms (category D)and the Superior Oceanview staterooms (category E) are size and location. E staterooms are slightly smaller than category D rooms. The most noticeable difference seemed to be that where Ds had room for a sofa, the E rooms could only accommodate an upholstered chair. I believe that there is a website which gives the sq. ft dimensions of the rooms which may give you a better idea of the difference in size. We stayed in an E1 last year when we sailed on the Radiance but have booked a D for next month's cruise on Brilliance. Based on what we saw on the Radiance and the on-line photos we have seen of the Brilliance, it is a beautiful ship. If you are sailing on September 15th, we'll be the folks being carried off kicking and screaming () because our transatlantic cruise is over.