Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Marisa
Default Pier of Los Angeles

Hallo

We are booked on a 7day Mex Riviera cruise on the Vision in December and i was wondering whether anybody knew where the pier is? We wanna book a hotel that is close by and have no idea how to find out.

Thanks
marisa
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2002, 10:22 AM
A McKenna

Default Re: Pier of Los Angeles

The ship docks in San Pedro, just north of Long Beach. I can't help you with hotels in the vacinity though.
Old August 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Marisa-

Happy to help with hotel. The hotel I prefer is the Sheraton San Pedro. While it is very nice, it's not too overly expensive or overly stuffy. (I've paid as little as $98 and as much as $130 w/o taxes) They have a shuttle to take you to the ship. If you arrive a day ahead, the "Ports of Call" shopping/dining area is within walking distance. There is also a great maritime museum to tour for a donation. If you drive to the port, the Sheraton will allow you to park in their covered parking area for the week (free of charge!!) and pick you up again after you debark. (Parking is available at the port. Given the expense of port parking, you may as well enjoy a nice relaxing day before your cruise and spend the money on the hotel instead of parking) When making a reservation, ask for an upper floor that has a harbor view so you can watch the cruise and cargo freighters come and go. Usually, Vision sails on Sundays. If you arrive on Sat.; walk to Ports of Call, find a good harbor seat, a cool drink and watch Carnival sail out on her Mex Riv. cruise (that is if they have not moved to Long Beach by then) The Sheraton also has some special deals from time to time (Park and Sail) that includes a nice breakfast buffet. There is also a Best Western in the same general vicinity that is just a little more affordable, but I have never stayed there. (I'm sorry, I don't know their parking policy) It looks nice and well maintained from the road. Additionally, there is also a Hilton further up the harbor. I checked with the Hilton on availability and the rates were more than double the Sheraton with no shuttle service. Good luck. If you have any other questions, just ask. I've spent many prenights in San Pedro.

Leslie

Vision 10/14/02
Vision 10/18/02
Brilliance 12/13/02
Monarch 2/03
Summit 4/03
Radiance 8/03
Old August 11th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

Just beware that they are totally renovating the inside one of the terminals (93). It was in definite need of repair. It's a mess inside and inconvenient waiting in there, but hopefully by Dec., it will be much better.
Old August 11th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Familiar Face

Location: Indiana in the middle of a farmer's former cornfield.

We stayed at the Sheraton in San Pedro. It was very nice and fairly reasonable. As Leslie stated, they do offer shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal.
Have a great cruise.
SHERATON LOS ANGELES HARBOR
601 SOUTH PALOS VERDES STREET
San Pedro, CA 90731

Post Edited (08-11-02 16:00)

Keith & Rita Ann

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old August 12th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Marisa
Default Re: Re: Pier of Los Angeles

THanks everyone , i checked and they do have great rates available , and the free parking is great!

Happy cruising!
Old August 14th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: Pier of Los Angeles

I'd like to second the Sheraton San Pedro. We paid $99 a night and when I got there (they said they could not do it on the phone) I asked if by any chance they had a room with a view of the water and the front desk lady smiled and handed me a key. It was beautiful - windows across the whole back of the room overlooking the maritime museum and the water for $99. Not bad. Worth asking when you get there. By the way we picked up the local bus for about $1 outside the Sheraton and took it to Longbeach and the free Longbeach red bus to the Queen Mary and toured her. It is beautiful and some of my pictures look like the Titanic! Have fun! We also did Ports of Call and had a great time. They had a fire boat demonstration and tour which was fun and they have all these little restaurants and bars to look out over the water and watch all the barges come by - they are so close! Great Blue Margaritas at Alcapulcos. There is a little store for soda and stuff oputside the hotel in walking distance. Debbie