Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default state rooms

we are going on a family reunion cruise (voyager of the seas). We would like to book an outside cabin does anyone ahve a real picture of the rooms. I would love to see what they really look like. And how bad is it to stay in a room with no window I have some relatives we are considering that route. I appreacite the feed back.
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Happy Camper

Default Re: state rooms

I think a room with no window is better than no cruise. We are going that route this year for finances sake. If they can afford a window it is well worth it, if not they will have a great time anyway. Bring a night lite and an alarm clock - it is pitch black in an inside cabin even during the day. It looks like an outside cabin with the curtains closed. Many even have curtains giving the impression you are in an outside but the curtains are closed. We had one only one other time and it was ok. I like to see out and love the outside but we do what we can. The Balcony is my preference but out of 15 cruises I've only paid for one once - just can't swing the extra money... They do have a Voyager video for sale on the www.rccl.com website and that would probably be a great souvenier when you get back and be very helpful to get a better idea of the ship now. Also your travel agent doesn't usually tell you but they have the cruise videos and you can take them and watch them for free. Ask your TA. As for weather in Feb - we were in EL Nino the time we sailed in Feb and the cruise was a little rough - not too bad and it was warm but I remmber the water was around 71 degrees (we scuba dive) verses the 78-80 it is in the summer. Have a great time - it should be an awesome cruise - I'd love to go on the Voyager ships. Debbie
Old August 15th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: state rooms

At one time or another I have stayed in just about every category, from suites to inside cabins. The inside cabin didn't bother me but my sister said she would stay home before she would ever stay in an inside cabin. She was very claustrophobic and couldn't wait to leave the cabin. I feel the cost difference justifies an outside cabin.
Old August 15th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: state rooms

We went with another couple where the wife is claustophobic. We both had inside rooms. The room didn't bother her a bit just as long as the air worked. And it did.

I LOVED my inside cabin. It served its purpose - sleeping and changing clothes.

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

6/2002 Radiance Alaska
10/2002 Radiance Pacific NW
11/2003 11-Night Eastern on the Brilliance
Old August 22nd, 2002, 09:28 PM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: state rooms

Vicki,

Noticed that you will be on the Radiance in October. We will be sailing on her for the 4-night cruise, October 7th. Is that your cruise also?

Dean