Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2002, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Default On Line Embarkation vs. Regular

Does anyone know the pros and cons on online vs. normal embarkation? Give em to me...
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: On Line Embarkation vs. Regular

HI CW,
Its always a help if they have all that information before boarding, much less paper work to fill out when you do embark, certainly makes its faster and less hassle, so go ahead and fill everything in online and see for yourself, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 23rd, 2002, 10:16 AM
worktocruise

I completed the online Embarkation Form prior to my cruise on the Majesty of the Seas July 5th. I always get to the port early and it didn't make one bit of difference that I had completed the form online. She did take the printed copy, but of course they still have to run your credit card through and get your SuperCharge Card.

Don't think I'll bother filling it out when I go again on September 20th. IMHO it looked to me like it was just going to save someone in an office from having to enter the data in their computer.
Old August 23rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Passenger

I tried out the RCCL online embarkation forms for the first time last week for an October cruise. It was very easy and I figure that it's just one less thing for me to do once we receive our cruise documents. I have the printed copy of the completed forms to take to the ship. Since you have to fill out the forms one way or another, I'd just as soon do it on my computer now that we have that option. If some of the same information applies to others under your booking ID, you don't have to re-tpye the information for each person, just click on the appropriate button and it will be filled in automatically.

I'm sure that it probably does just save someone in an office from having to fill in the data but I like the idea that it's done ahead of time and I don't have to fill out the forms by hand. If any of your information happens to change before you cruise, you can edit your forms. ( I forget the exact deadline for editing before the ship sails. )

I usually get to the ship as early as possible. It probably won't get me on the ship any faster but I still like the idea of doing it on my computer and not having to fill it in by hand on each cruise document.

Sailaway :-)
Old August 23rd, 2002, 02:00 PM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: On Line Embarkation vs. Regular

When I talked to an RCL Rep in Customer Service they didn't seem to think it was necessary except with me I've had a lot of trouble with my booking and my Travel Agent so she'd recommend I do it. Also I read on another post that if you are in a guarantee room you can see your room they assigned you on the embarkation forms on the net. I'll try it closer to my cruise in Oct. Debbie
Old August 24th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: On Line Embarkation vs. Regular

I did it online in June for 8 people and we waited in line no more than 10 minutes and the only reason it took that long was to run the credit card through for all 8 people and sign our cards. We waited longer to go through security to get on the ship!