Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default EXPLORER JAN. 18TH 03??

ANYONE GOING ON EXPLORER ON JAN. 18TH . 2003?? WE ARE TAKING KIDS, 8, 13, & 14YRS. WANT TO KNOW IF ANYMORE KIDS THEIR AGE WILL BE ABOARD.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2002, 11:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: EXPLORER JAN. 18TH 03??

Donna,

We'll just miss you. We're travelling of the Explorer Jan 25th and we are also a family of 5. Just curious as to what kind of accommodations you booked? Have a great time!!!
Old August 29th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: EXPLORER JAN. 18TH 03??

CRUISELOVER,
WE GOT TWO ADJOINING BALCONY ROOMS. THAT WAY KIDS WILL HAVE TWO
BATHROOM. ALSO IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO SLEEP THE CAN GO INTO ONE OF THE ROOMS AND SHUT THE DOOR. ALSO MY MOM GOING WTH US. TOO BAD WERE NOT AT THE SAME TIME. THIS IS OUR FIRST CRUISE. HOW ABOUT YOU?
HOPE YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
Old August 29th, 2002, 10:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: EXPLORER JAN. 18TH 03??

This is the first time that we are taking the kids (ages 9, 6 and 4) but the 3rd cruise for my husband and I. Originally we had planned to take 2 adjoining inside cabins but because we are a family of 5, they wouldn't allow us to do so. We booked a Family stateroom. It doesn't have a balcony but has a picture window. The balcony stateroom was way out of our budget. Have a wonderful cruise!!! It would have been nice to meet you!!!
Old September 17th, 2002, 10:15 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: EXPLORER JAN. 18TH 03??

We are in the process of booking Explorer for 1/18. Waiting for cruise sale prices coming out in 2 weeks. We were on the Ex. last Jan. to E.Carib. and were wowed by the experience. It was our first time and we got hooked. We had an ocean view cabin 3612 which had a king size bed, not the queen that we were expecting. We liked the 3rd deck because there aren't as many rooms as other decks and it was exceptionally quiet, a few steps from the lower dining room for breakfast and lunch. We decided against a balcony because we didn't think we would be in the room enough to warrant the extra money. (and we weren't) If we book through last year's TA, a relative, we will be in 2602. If we book through AAA it might be a different room. We are waiting to see who has the best price. There are less expensive ships, but we really love the Explorer. For those of you who would like to see the menus go to http://qwickfyx.com/explorer2/ I haven't checked it lately, but last winter I was able to print out the menus to add to my picture album. For pics and info on the research lab on board go to www.exploreroftheseas.homestead.com/ir. There are a lot of links to Explorer info including the RCCL website.
I have added my e-mail address above. If anyone is interested in becoming e-mail buddies before we sail, just send me a message. Kathie