Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2002, 12:41 PM
SF

Default Brilliance - Need Help on which cabin 8102 or 8586

Things have changed and we are now deciding between either 8102 or 8586 o Brilliance. Which do you think would be better? Cabin 8102 has a bigger balcony but do you think the view from 8586 would be better? Please help we need to decide and we'd like some opinions. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Brilliance - Need Help on which cabin 8102 or 8586

Both will be a little noisier than you would assume and if it is balcony space you will appreciate, get a category "D" on the aft. Tremendous view, quiter and more privacy than being right next to the elevators. Hope that helps, Robbie
Old August 26th, 2002, 10:24 AM
SF

Default Re: Re: Brilliance - Need Help on which cabin 8102 or 8586

Appreciate your suggestion but we don't like cabins in the "aft" of a ship. I know alot of people prefer those type of cabins but we like being mid ship.

Still deciding on those two cabins so we welcome any other suggestions on which room.
Old August 26th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Lorraine Sadler

We just returned from the 12-night Scandinavia/Russia cruise out of Harwich, England on Brilliance of the Seas. We had a balcony cabin across the aft section of the ship. It was noisy, ships motion was felt much more than center ship, and there are no elevators in the aft area--only middle and forward. This was our first time aft and, believe me, it'll be the last. Having a cabin in the middle of the ship is smooth, quiet and convenient. I didn't find Brilliance that great--it's a nice new ship in need of better amenities and improvements.
Old August 26th, 2002, 10:49 PM
SF

Sorry to hear you didn't like your cabin. We also don't care for the cabins in the aft of the ship. Like you, we find the middle a smoother run.

We are still deciding (8102 or 8586) but the time is closing in when we'll have to make a decision. We are still leaning towards 8102, is that the right choice?
Old August 27th, 2002, 12:25 AM
First Mate

SF,

If you want an idea, grab the Alaska 2003 brochure. There is a great pic of the Radiance by a glacier on pg18. From what I can see, 8102 will offer a poor view forward (I would also be concerned with noise from elevator traffic). Then imagine the view from 8086 which is equiv. to 8586. The photo will give you a good perspective. The balcony looks ok. How many people will be out there?

Hope this helps, we're down in 7664 on the Radiance Sept. 27. My other choice was 7014 which had no forward view. Whatever you decide (And do get the brochure), have fun. Of course I'm assuming the cabin #'s are the same.

richard
Old August 27th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Brilliance - Need Help on which cabin 8102 or 85

I am curious as to what the Brilliance is lacking, and what you were not pleased with?
Old August 27th, 2002, 09:52 PM
SF

Thanks for your help Richard. I'll have to get the Alaska '03 booklet next time I'm at the TA. We still can't decide which cabin as both have pro's and con's. If I remember correctly one poster on another board said they could see forward in cabin 8102 but only if at the rail. The same goes for cabin 8586 except reversed, we won't beable to see past the "bump" to the rear. It also looks like more of an angled forward view. Oh, such decisions!!!!!
Old September 2nd, 2002, 09:50 AM
Lorraine Sadler

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Brilliance - Need Help on which cabin 8102 o

Patti: email me at Lolly5834@aol.com. I'll even send you a copy of the letter I wrote to Royal Caribbean regarding the negative experience (also sent a copy to Crown & Anchor). As I said before, this was our 5th of 12 cruises with RCI with a 6th booked on Grandeur next year. It was the only one on which we experienced dissatisfaction.