Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default How do you check for price decreases

I don't understand how you can watch for your price to drop for an already booked cruise when there are different prices all over from TA's to online TA's to RC websit. My TA discounted our cruise 35.00 p/p just by bids I showed her from other websites and said she couldn't match because they don't specialize in cruises and buy in bulk. I wanted to go with her though as I like her and wanted in the "in person" communication. I have a guaranteed room on the Grandeur for March 1 saliling, main deck - Cat F (outside room).
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Craig

Default Re: How do you check for price decreases

I would check the RCCL web site every few weeks to see if the prices drop. If so, your TA should be able to get you the reduction. Then again, you TA should also be checking on occasion.

Have a great cruise.

Craig ...
Old August 27th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi lorilynn,

it really pays of to check on prices almost every day, if you have the time and like to surf the net. We booked the Brilliance of the SEas with Orbitz two weeks ago and since than I found cruise411.com that offered the same cruise, the same cabin category , the same sailing date $300 less expansive. Of course we had to switch. Only cost us $ 15 penalty. Cruise411 has a low price guarantee , so if I should find the same cruise somewhere cheaper, I can still apply it. The only withdraw is, that you spend a lot of time in front of the computer because you are your own TA.
Old August 28th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: How do you check for price decreases

I prefer to deal with my agent in town even if a bit more. But, THANKS CRAIG for the info on checking the websit directly. I'll do that.

Thanks to all for your imput
Old August 28th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Help Please. I tried to check the price online at RCCI directly and the dates that were on the pop up menu started Nov 22 , 2003. I'm leaving March 2003. They didn't even have my dates available to look up.
Old August 28th, 2002, 08:05 PM
First Mate

I just priced the Grandeur for 3/1/03 and the category F for two people including port charges and tax is 2109.90. If you are paying more than that contact your travel agent.
Old August 28th, 2002, 11:06 PM
mlbcruiser

I have looked up prices on the RCI website several times and each time it seems like I have to mess around w/it until I can get my date to come up. They first offer you dates coming up fairly soon. Am still not sure what I did when I finally did get it (?). I think I clicked on the place I wanted to cruise, which led me to the ships, then I clicked on the ship and then the date. Anyway, it wasn't easy to navigate. I personally don't think their site is that well designed.
Old August 29th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: How do you check for price decreases

I don't have any problems looking up info on the RCCL site. First I choose the DESTINATION, then choose TRAVEL MONTH and SHIP. (If you choose travel month alone you'll get a list all the RCCL ships that are sailing that month in the destination that you selected in step 1. ) Then click on your ITINERARY CHOICE for a particular ship. Click on PRICE PACKAGE. Then choose from the AVAILABLE SAIL DATES and fill in the rest of the info under it. Afer that just click on PRICE AVAILABLE STATEROOMS. One improvement that I suppose could be made is when you click on Available Sail Dates it gives you all the choices not just the ones for the travel month that you originally selected in Step 1.

Sailaway
Old August 29th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you. I got it for 900.00 per person originally and then talked her down another 35.00 per person refundable after the cruise when they get their commission. So, I guess 865 is okay. This does not include the 155.00 port taxes
Old September 7th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Passenger

I booked a catagory D9 on Voyager for 3/16/03. This is a balcony cabin for 3 people (pull out sofa bed). The problem is that when I check on any sites online including RCCL, there are no rooms available in my catagory so how can I see if the price went down?