CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Can u bring alcohol Voyager (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/230859-can-u-bring-alcohol-voyager.html)

volcomsurfer724 August 31st, 2002 06:56 AM

Can u bring alcohol Voyager

Can you bring acloholic beverages or non-acloholic beverages on the voyager of the seas. I didn't think you could but somebody told me you could.
THanks
Jonathan

Cher September 1st, 2002 06:47 AM

Re: Can u bring alcohol Voyager

I actually saw a man walk through the check point with a 12 pack of bottled water and nobody stopped him. I plan to do that my next cruise. Now for alcohol.....you are not suppose to. They claim if you'd like to bring a bottle of wine...then that is fine....but they will take it from you and deliver it to you at dinner on a night of your choice....but there is an $8 corking fee!!!! But....I did meet a couple who managed to smuggle in some rum so they could add there own rum to their drinks. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try that. Have a wonderful cruise!

Tra4 September 2nd, 2002 01:26 PM

We packed some wine in our suitcase and never had a problem. Our cabin steward brought us two wine glasses and we enjoyed a glass on our balcony. If you take it on your carry on, they may take it. Packed in a suitcase you should have no problems.

FredC September 3rd, 2002 09:04 AM

Chekc the RCL website - it should still say you can bring on wine and champagne to celebrate a special occasion (and I think vacation is a special occasion). We brought on 7 bottles (for our group of 10 people). We checked it in at the "liquor" desk and then that evening, once the ship was in international waters I went to the purser's desk to have it delivered to the stateroom. She asked which bottle - I said all - she suggested just having it delivered bottle but bottle to the dining room, but I said, as we didn't know what the menu was how would we know what to have delivered - and some of it was good red which needs to "breathe" a little before serving - so all 7 bottles were delivered to our room - we took it some to the dining room and drank some in our room as either champagne before dinner (with some room service appetizers) or dessert wine. Also, the $8 corkage fee is very reasonable. I am not sure our head waiter even charged us for this. We did buy one expensive bottle of wine the last night at dinner. And bought cocktails, and wine by the glass at dinner throughout the trip, so we never felt the head waiter or the bar waiter was in the least bit irritated that we brought wine a couple of nights to dinner. It was not wine available on the ship's wine list - and I think that was good - I don't think it would be appropriate to bring a bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay to dinner when it is on the ship's wine list. As to hard liquor, my mother-in-law likes a cocktail; we filled a listerine bottle (plastic) with bourbon, resealed it, put it in a zip-lock bag, packed it in the luggage the porters took on and never had a problem. Now, when we got to the ship, they handed us a brochure which said you couldn't bring on any alcohol - or words to that effect (though not quite that specific) but when I quoted the web site to them (and had a print out of that page) the wine was no longer a problem.

James September 3rd, 2002 09:34 AM

Re: Re: Can u bring alcohol Voyager

We didn't attempt to take any liquor on board when we got on in Miami. However in Jamaica we bought a lot of alcohol. When we got back on they took our bottles of rum, but they allowed us to keep a six pack of Smirnoff Ice that we bought. Enjoyed this by the pool and at the shows without any problem. I also saw a lot of people carrying around red stripe beer (Jamaican Beer) after we left Jamaica and I don't think the cruise line carries this. After Jamaica they never checked our bags for alcohol so we were able to bring on more rum and tequila from Cayman Islands and Mexico.

volcomsurfer724 September 3rd, 2002 02:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Can u bring alcohol Voyager

Thanks for your help.