Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2002, 11:42 PM
Beginner

Default How does Cabin TBA work on RCL?

I am a first time cruiser looking at some incredible deals on a couple of RCL cruises in the next 60 days. A few sites show a cabin choice of "Inside Cabin Guarntee" with the Cabin TBA (to be announced I assume) a week before sailing. On several cruises this choiceis quite a bit cheaper than even the lowest inside cabin choice - category Q.
The one in particular I am looking at is on Enchantment of the Seas.

How does this work?
Will I get the lowest worst placed cabin right next to the engine room? :-)
What should I be concerned with if anything?
I would probably pick the category Q cabin anyway, an inside cabin is OK with me.

Thanks for any insights....

Dan
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2002, 02:18 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: How does Cabin TBA work on RCL?

As you guessed, the cabin MAY be next to some noise but I have used it and appreciated the savings (which can be used for a balcony later!). They are not always where you might think because the line is filling in the gaps to keep the room stewards paid by you. Hope that helps, Robbie
Old September 5th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: How does Cabin TBA work on RCL?

We've done guarantees a few times on Carnival - they work the same. They use you to fill up the ship in places others haven't booked. Usually front or back of ship since most people pick the middle. Usually though they will put you up as high as they can so we usually get at least a 2 category upgrade but this may not be true. You have to expect the worst - by the engine room and be happy with what you get. People have gotten up to the highest inside category and others outsides and others the lowest category. I think it depends on your sailing. Expect the worst and be happy about the extra money. That is what we do. Check though because sometimes within 60 - 30 days out the outsides are only $50 more per person for a guarantee - that is worth it. Debbie
Old September 6th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: Re: How does Cabin TBA work on RCL?

We upgraded to an outside guarantee Cat. I from an inside guarantee because of the price drop. The outside guarantee was only $50 per person more. The insides have gone down a lot but with all the trouble from the TZ and the extra discounts I had I decided it would be better to try to get upgraded for a little money than to ask for any back. Anyway I just found out that I got a 1 category upgrade to the "B" deck from the "A" deck and mid ship which is great since mid ship cabins cost more. It is not a huge upgrade but it is something and I'm very happy not to get the front of the ship! Debbie