Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Ft. Lauderdale hotels/airports

Going on Enchantment in the spring- I figured I should fly into Ft. L- but a lot of people are flying into Miami- why? And does anyone have suggestions for hotels in Ft. L to stay the night before cruising??
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2002, 07:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale hotels/airports

The Marina Marriott is beautiful, and very close to the dock. Maybe flights were on sale to Miami.
Old September 3rd, 2002, 08:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale hotels/airports

We stayed at the Lago Mar - on the beach, closest beach hotel to the pier. Lovely hotel. Our 'room' consisted of a bedroom, sitting room, small kitchen bar and large balcony! Lovely friendly atmosphere, great pool, nice little soda shop, good restaurant.
Old September 3rd, 2002, 10:41 PM
harold11

We have stayed in Ft. Lauderdale a lot. Check the prices on the internet. Try the Comfort Inn Airport, Springhill Suites, LaQuinta Airport. All are very nice. If you have a car, try the Holiday Inn-Plantation. Spring prices can be high, so shopping is a must.
Old September 4th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Admiral

For one night, don't bother staying on the beach... or certainly at the airport... which is near nothing. Suggest the Amerisuites on 17th Street or the Marriott Marina... they are close to the Port (walking distance) and near great restaurants too. Amerisuites will pick you up at Ft. Lauderdale airport and drop you at the pier too. Staying at hotels that are far off, such as Hollywood, or flying into Miami, will quickly eat up any savings you may have made in hotel rates or even air.
Old September 6th, 2002, 11:48 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale hotels/airports

It depends upon what you like and the time of day you are flying in. I wouldn't waste my money staying anyplace BUT at the beach! To each his own, though! Even one evening at the beach is worth it to me. Another poster is correct, though. Prices are higher in spring. There are several places listed on sights such as hotelwiz.com, Orbitz, etc.
Old October 8th, 2002, 01:56 PM
First Mate

Default Ft. Lauderdale hotels/airports

Just booked several nites post-cruise in December at the Holiday Inn, Fort Lauderdale by-the-sea. Booked it on-line for $62 a nite! And the ocean is right across the street. No other hotel in the area could come close to that price (from all that I searched thru). We stay at Holiday Inns all over the country. They have really improved over the years and we haven't been disappointed in a long time. Good luck and happy travels!