Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2002, 08:57 PM
Passenger

Default Voyager/Explorer Outdoor Dining

We're planning a trip on the Voyager the week of Thanksgiving. One of the things I like most about cruising is being able to eat breakfast and lunch outside. I can't really tell from the brochure or the on-line deck images if the Voyager has outdoor dining, hopefully with some umbrellas. I think the Explorer has the same deck plans so if you've been on either ship, could you let me know if this is available?

Many thanks!

Susie
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Brandis
Default Re: Voyager/Explorer Outdoor Dining

We were on Voyager on the last New Year's eve cruise. It is a wonderfull ship!

But no, there is no outside dining except for a few tables outside the Johnny Rockets which isn't open for Breakfast.

At the Island Grill, there are nice tables right next to the panoramic windows looking out over the back of the ship.

Marc
Old September 4th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Voyager/Explorer Outdoor Dining

Just outside the doors to the Island Grill buffet, there are many tables and chairs. This is the area just under the upperlevel/jogging path, and overlooking the pool. Of course, you will need to bring your own food from the buffet, as there is no table service. Also, on the fantail of the ship, in back, near the kids pool, there are many tables and chairs, again, no table service. And Johnny Rockets.
Old September 4th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Voyager/Explorer Outdoor Dining

Is the Island Grill seating area at the very back of the ship or towards the center of the ship?

I should have clarified my question by saying that the outdoor seating we usually use is at the rear of the ship just outside the buffet area or at an outdoor grill. Is this what you are referring to for the Island Grill?

I see the seating on the deck plan outside of Johnny Rockets. This is outdoor seating also?

Thanks for the information.
Old September 12th, 2002, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Voyager/Explorer Outdoor Dining

On the Explorer the Island Grill is at the very back of the ship and it is all inside- enclosed in floor to ceiling windows and very nice. There are some tables outside but they are on the sides of the ship - not the back- and they are out by the pool not in the eating area itself - I did see quite a few people eating their breakfast there. There are tables all the way in the back of the ship by the kids pool area behind Johnny Rockets but you would have to bring your food there from someplace else - this area was covered. There are outdoor booths at Johnny Rockets that are on the side of the ship - we had lunch there one day - I don't believe that they were covered - it was wonderful. Feel free to email me if you have any questions - we just cruised two weeks ago so my memory is still pretty good!!
Old September 25th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Mary Ann

Default Re: Re: Voyager/Explorer Outdoor Dining

Hi Jean My husband and I are sailing on the 6th of October on the Voyager. Were you happy with the food and service. My husband has had some bad experiences in the past and I want this to be a good gruise so he will go again. Let me know. Thanks