Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Beginner

Default Adventure of the Seas - Family Cabin

I just booked on Adventure of the Seas for August 10th, 2003 to the Southern Caribbean. The cabins is a class E (Family OceanView Stateroom) - #6200. It was the last one available on the cruise and I need room for five (me, wife and three kids). It's on deck 6, the lowest of the four decks this type of cabin is on.

Has anyone seen/stayed in one of these cabins? I haven't been able to find much information on this type of cabin on any websites. Pictures would be appreciated

Is there any kind of view out of the front of the ship on deck 6?

Is the motion of the ship a problem in the front? We've only cruised once before (Horizon to Bermuda in '99). The cruise to Bermuda was real rough but the cabin was right in the middle of the ship and the motion didn't bother us.

Thanks for your help.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2002, 01:54 PM
dolores

Default Re: Adventure of the Seas - Family Cabin

Joe,

Sounds like a great cabin. I have a family of five on the Navigator of the Seas 4/19 and we had to get two cabins. Those family cabins are hard to come by. You may want to check out cruisestateroom.com. They have tons of information and pictures of different cabins on different ships.

Good luck,
--Dolores
Old September 8th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Adventure of the Seas - Family Cabin

Dolores,

Tnx for the info. I went and checked out cruisestateroom.com and they have much better views of the ship than the RC website. I can actually see the layout of each deck, where on the RC site, the picture is so small I can't see any detail.

The RC site shows two different and very tiny pictures for the family stateroom, one with one window (same on cruisestateroom.com) and another with two windows. I can't seem to find anything with any detail and I'm not sure which one is the real picture.

BTW, you did the right thing by booking two cabins. When we went on the Horizon, we had one cabin with two twins, two pullmans and a rollaway cot (which didn't have anywhere to rollaway to). It was real cramped. Watching my wife and kids get to the bathroom in the middle of the night was pretty funny, since there were two ladders and a cot in the very small isle.

Have fun on your cruise - I look forward to seeing some feedback from you.

Joe