Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Tam

Default Radiance out of San Juan-Have Questions

We are sailing on the Radiance out of San Juan on Jan 25. I have a few embarkation/luggage storage questions ...

We will be staying at the Condado Plaza and plan to taxi to the pier. Our check out time is 11 or 12 and we'd like to spend some time in Old San Juan (without our luggage!!) which is walking distance from the pier. What pier will the Radiance be on? What can we do with our luggage during that time? Will we be able to check into the ship and get rid of our luggage? What time will we be able to get on the ship?

I also heard on another trave bulletin board that Royal Carib. has a hospitality center is old San Juan where we could store our luggage but no details were available. Is this a valid option?

Thanks for any assistance!
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Radiance out of San Juan-Have Questions

Hi Tam,
I'm not sure if the Crown and Anchor still has that place in San Juan, we used it a few years ago and it did come in handy for leaving our carry-on stuff there. They did require that you show your cruise card, so not anyone can just walk in and use the facilities, but I seem to have heard its no longer there. You will have to find out about that, may-be another poster can clear that up.

Since you will be staying a pre night in San Juan, you should be able to start boarding around noon and then get all checked in and simply get off the ship and return later, after a nice lunch?? The ship doesn't sail until later, so you'd have a good part of the afternoon to explorer Old San Juan. You can visit one of the 2 old forts that are walking distance from the pier.

Enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 21st, 2002, 09:41 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

Default Re: Radiance out of San Juan-Have Questions

Hi, I live in Puerto Rico. About the distance from the Condado Plaza to the Pier is far if you are going walking. About the office that Royal Caribbean has on Old San Juan is near the port and if they allow you to let your luggage there it will be better. Radiance of the Seas is on Port 4 in the Old San Juan. Any other question, you can write me back.
Old September 23rd, 2002, 06:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Radiance out of San Juan-Have Questions

We are also sailing on the Radiance Jan 25th and are spending pre night at the Condado Plaza. First of all, the Crown and Anchor is closed in San Juan. Secondly, take a cab to the pier (very short ride) and check in around noon. Line moves very quickly, your bags will be checked at the pier and then delivered to your room late afternoon. After checking in, getting your room, go to the Windjamer Cafe for a buffet lunch. If you have already been on the ship (which we have..January 2002) then you can go off and sight see or whatever. If you have not been on this ship before, I suggest you take a complete tour and familiarize yourself with all the magnificent facilities...the pool, the gym, the spa. There will be crew and staff to show you around. It is quite a ship.If you have any questions, you can e-mail me.
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Tam

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance out of San Juan-Have Questions

Hi Bloomie,

Thanks a lot, that info helps. Since we've never been on the ship, I suspect we'll use that time to explore and familiarize ourselves with it and do our sightseeing after we get back.

You said you've been on the Radiance before. Was it the same cruise itinerary? If so, I would be interested to know your thoughts on some of the shore excursions.

We're staying one night at the Condado pre cruise and two nights post cruise. Maybe we'll bump into you there!

Thanks again,
Tam