Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2002, 12:28 PM
Indyjls

Default Just back from Explorer!

We are just back from the 9/14/02 sailing of the Explorer. We were first time cruisers and took our 5 year old and 3 year old. I was 25 weeks pregnant on the trip. It was the trip of a lifetime!!! Please feel free to ask any questions. This board was so helpful to me prior to my departure that I would like to return the favor to any who need it.
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2002, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Just back from Explorer!

Hi Indyjls,
So glad you and your entire family enjoyed Explorer, I too had my best cruise on this ship, although others have come close, there is just no other cruise quite like it. I'm sure the kids also had fun and had lots of activities?? I also thought the cabin was the nicest I've seen, liked the way it was layed out, where the bed was by the sliding glass door.

So, when and what ship have you picked out for the next cruise? Wishing you well, with the soon to be addition to your family!

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 22nd, 2002, 07:28 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Just back from Explorer!

Indyjls, not surprised about your wonderful cruise. Hubby were 1st timers on Exp.to E. Carib last Jan. Fabulous!! We are planning to sail again on Exp. to W. Carib. next Jan. I see on the schedule that's where you were last week.
What did you do in the ports? We loved Labadee and spent all day on the beach. Had to drag ourselves back to the ship for the trip back to Miami.
This time we will start out with Labadee and are deciding what to do in the other ports. In 2004 we will probably do the S. Carib on Adventure. Love that Voyager class even though it's a bit more expensive.
Old September 22nd, 2002, 10:30 PM
Indyjls

Default Re: Re: Just back from Explorer!

This was a vacation of a lifetime!!! The activities for the kids were incredible. We had to pry the kids out of the kids club every evening. They enjoyed being in the club more then being with us!! Not only did we have a family vacation, but we actually had some adult time too, what an added bonus. No question - cruising is addicting - we are already looking around for next years cruise!!
Old September 22nd, 2002, 10:36 PM
Indyjls

Default Re: Re: Re: Just back from Explorer!

We too loved Labadee and it was my husband's favorite port. We just did a beach day although my husband and oldest daughter did the beach play area, but my husband felt it was way too expensive (it was) for what you got. I have to say, we did not enjoy Ocho Rios. We had been before and already seen Dunns River - if you have seen it once that is enough. However, our table mates went on a private tour of the island - they were quite brave and just walked off the ship and found someone to take them around. They really enjoyed their private tour. They requested the driver take them off the beaten path so to speak and show them the real Jamaica. They loved it and spent about $15 per person. Pretty good deal. Grand Caymen we did the Captain Marvin's 2 hour tour. This was my highlight of the trip. The snorkeling was exquisite and very easy (keep in mind I was 25 weeks pregnant). The fish were abundant and quite colorfull. Then the swim with the stingrays was amazing. They come right up to you and you can pet them or if you are brave enough (I was not) pick them up. Incredible!! Unfortunately, we missed Cozumel b/c of Hurrican Isadore. But we were fortunate enough that we got to go to Nassau as opposed to spending another day at sea. All in all, it was amazing. I too, think our next cruise will be a Southern Carribean - cannot wait!!!!