Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
Beginner

Default St Maarten jeep rental

Wondering if anyone has prebooked jeep rental for St Maarten B/4 they left on the cruise, or are the places at the port to rent one for the day?
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2002, 02:54 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: St Maarten jeep rental

I never book through the cruise line. I have found over the years of cruising that you can book whatever you are interested in on shore, plus this way you don't have to pay the cruise lines commission. The only time I did book through the cruise line was in Alaska, because the shore tours fill up very fast and I didn't want to miss out on the helicopter ride up to the glacier!
Old September 23rd, 2002, 05:34 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: St Maarten jeep rental

I didn't mean I would rent through the cruise line. Heavens we always do excursions on our own. What I meant was, should we prebook through a car rental agency b/4 we leave or will there be rental agencies when we get off the ship. We haven't been to St Martin for 10 years and don't know what the new pier and the surrounding area is like.
Old September 25th, 2002, 01:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: St Maarten jeep rental

My daughter was there last May. They rented a jeep when they got off of the ship and spent the day exploring the island on their own. Check out Dawn beach if you get a chance - they really loved it. I hope this helps!!