Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Dean Renner

Default Roll Call For Radiance 10-7-2002

Any other Cruisemates sailing with us on this 4-night voyage around the beautiful Northwest?!

Dean
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Marilynne

Default Re: Roll Call For Radiance 10-7-2002

Dean,
My husband Gary and I are on the same cruise and "can't wait". You gave me some feedback on a earlier posting about the Butchart Gardens. I'm trying to find out from RCCL if I can take my own wheelchair if we use their excursion, but we still haven't decided if we're doing it on our own.

We would like to meet you guys and other cruisemates cruisers that might be on our ship. Gary and I enjoy playing Pinnocle (sp.?) how about you?

Marilynne
Old September 24th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Re: Roll Call For Radiance 10-7-2002

Marilynne,

Indeed I did promise you some new information about the Butchart Gardens tours, and it's finally arrived from them!

Here's exactly what they sent me:

"Dear Mr. Renner:

Thank you for your email message of September 20th. Please note that our Tour 2A Butchart Gardens will be departing daily at 10am, 12pm and 2pm. Departure point is from Government Street, right in front of the Empress Hotel. This is an approximate 5 minute taxi or shuttle bus ride from the Ogden Point pier, or a 20 minute walk. The tour is 3 hours in duration and the cost per adult would be $42.00 Canadian (includes admission into Butchart Gardens). No reservations are required - passengers simply purchase tickets at least 20 minutes prior to departure.

I trust you will find this information helpful and hope you enjoy your visit to Victoria.

Kind regards,

Lesley Thomas
Gray Line of Victoria"

So there we have it!

And yes, we'd love to meet you guys on board! Before we leave for the cruise, let's make arrangements to meet.

Dean
Old September 25th, 2002, 11:22 AM
KrustyKruiser

Howdy:

Add two more for the cruise.

Frank and I (partners) will be on the cruise. We are from Portland and are very familiar with Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria. I can suggest several ways to get to Butchart...incl a local city bus for $1.50....

Look forward to meeting new friends onboard! If you would like to arrange a "get acquainted" meeting on Monday eve...count us in!

----> Bob V
Old September 26th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Dean Renner

Hi, Marilynne and Bob!

Yes, let's get together Monday!

Patti and I have first seating dinner (6:15pm) so I'm thinking 5 o'clock in the Schooner Bar would work well. The Schooner Bar, since every RCCL ship has one, and it shouldn't be hard to find. And 5pm, that way we'll all have boarded, and settled in a bit.

So let me know what you guys think. Then, all we'll have to work out is how to recognize each other..........

Dean
Old September 26th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Marilynne

5:00 in the Schooner Bar sounds good. Gary and I have the early seating as well. I'll be the one with a cane. How about you guys?

Marilynne
Old September 26th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Dean,
Would love to hear how you find Radiance when you get back, even though its not the same itinary, any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 27th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Dean Renner

Hi Donna!

I'd love to let you know about the Radiance when we're back.

I write very complete reviews of our cruises, most of them over 4000 words; and I'm not sure what the length limit is here at Cruisemates, but I think it's less than that.

If I can't post my review here, we'll just make other arrangements!

Dean
Old September 27th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call For Radiance 10-7-2002

Hi Dean,
Hopefully you will not have a problem posting your review, will be waiting. Only one slight problem I can see of the ship is the lack of another set of stairs/elevators and we're looking at an aft cabin, but I can deal with that!

Thanks,

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 28th, 2002, 11:48 AM
KrustyKruiser

OK - sounds good. Here is how you can recognize us: We will be wearing ball caps (for ID purposes, only... :-)
Old September 30th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call For Radiance 10-7-2002

Hi Marilynn and Bob,

Everything is set then! I'll be wearing a mango-colored polo shirt and jeans, as it's casual night.

We're looking forward to meeting you guys!

Dean
Old September 30th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call For Radiance 10-7-2002

Hi Donna,

I will post my review here within a week or so after we're back home. I hope you enjoy it!

Dean