Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Radiance of the Seas questions

Thinking about doing the Radiance out of San Juan for anyone thats already done this cruise, how did you enjoy the ports and were there too many with just 1 "sea" day? I'm just worried after doing Explorer, will we be happy with this ship, cabin, food, entertainment?

Any thoughts, suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Message Boards Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Delores

Default Re: Radiance of the Seas questions

Hi Donna, I have a friend here in Sacramento that went with a group on the Radiance in June (Alaska). They were booked on the Vision but were changed a few weeks prior to the Radiance, & upgraded to balcony cabins. She said the cabins were wonderful, & they were pleased with the ship. There are a lot of reviews on MyTravel site, mostly good. Maybe you'll get more answers soon. Good luck if you decide to select it.
Old September 27th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas questions

Thanks Delores,
Thats just what I'd hoped to hear. We're actually looking at an aft cabin with balcony, always wanted to try one of those. Only problem I can see, stairs and elevators are a good walk to midship, but hey, great way to work off all the pounds from a week of over-eating, right?

Thanks again Delores!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 1st, 2002, 07:45 AM
Tam

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas questions

Donna,
When we booked our cruise on Radiance for Jan 25, I also was concerned about not having enough "ship time." Look at it this way...you can always opt to stay on the ship instead of going into the port. Or, like we will probably do when we're ready to relax on the ship - come back from the port early. Instead of finding no deck chairs on the sea days, maybe since some people will be at port we will have better luck with that and the ship time will be even more enjoyable.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do. If you book for the 25th let me know and we can meet for a drink on deck!

Tam
Old October 1st, 2002, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas questions

Hi Tam,
I totally agree with you, I really don't mind all the port days and do enjoy getting back onboard in the early afternoon and enjoy the ship while its half empty and plenty of deck chairs :-) There are a few islands on this itinary I have not seen, so I'm looking forward to checking them out, hopefully some good beaches?? We're looking at a Feb. 22 date, will decide soon and thanks for you input!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 7th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Radiance of the Seas questions

definitely not enough ship time. I got the 4-day PNW to seattle-vancouver-victoria-seattle and only had 1 day at sea. definitly NOT enough time on ship to see and do all that it has to offer!

rock climbing wall, mini-golf, etc.

I'd do this cruise in a heartbeat (anything to get back on this ship!)