Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grandeur on September 15

Anyone sail on the Grandeur September 15 up the California coast? I was on there and was very disappointed. Any comments from anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2002, 08:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Grandeur on September 15

Sally, my wife and I were on that cruise and really enjoyed it except for a few minor problems. What disappointed you? We want to do the same cruise next year.

Gary The Cruise Guy
Old September 27th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well we thought the ship needed a HUGE overhaul -- the ship was in dire need of being cleaned up -- the carpeting was soiled everywhere and the deck upstairs needed to be replaced -- the ship was just plain dirty. The food was pretty good except everything just seemed very salty to us. We had to change our table twice in the dining room because of the poor waiter service but after the third time we were very happy. It just seemed as if the passengers had cruised before but the crew didn't. The crew was not attentive and seemed unhappy for the most part. The purser was never helpful and didn't know anything. It seemed as if the staff couldn't get it togehter. Our room steward was wonderful -- I found the cruise director and the shows to be outstanding. We also thought the fiasco with Monterey was uncalled for and felt that Royal Caribbean should not have put their passengers at risk the way they did. If they could find another port other than Monterey it would be perfect. We all loved the other ports and overall the cruise was an 7 1/2 -- I've been on three other RCC ships before which would outstanding - hopefully they will clean this ship up --
Old September 27th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

But we would go back on this cruise again next year if they offered it -- I heard that it was a trial run and hopefully they will do it again -- it was a great itinerary!!!!!