Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Default Sovreign of the Seas Cabin

We are sailing SOS 24 Oct in a Cat C cabin. I noticed that there still is the 1 R, 3A's, 3 B's, and 9 C's available for this sailing. Will we just be in a very quiet portion of the ship or will RCCL upgrade others to these cabins/suites.

thanks,

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sovreign of the Seas Cabin

Well I'll be damned, I was told that ship sold out months ago as I was trying to book it for 10/24 also for my son's 21st birthday. Back in June when I had all the info together I needed and the deposits and then they told me "sold out". Well enjoy your cruise as I won't be there. BTW I'm curious why would you list a cruise on your signature that you haven't even been on yet? Just curious, I've seen one other person do that also, then I may as well just put whatever I wish to go on too.

Diane

Silver Seas Whisper Tahiti in the future! ; )
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sovreign of the Seas Cabin

Diane:

Still some cabins so why don't you join us on the 24th.

My signature only includes cruises cruised or booked and deposited. I think that that is the practice here.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old October 3rd, 2002, 09:31 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Re: Sovreign of the Seas Cabin

I was in a Cat. C on the Sovereign and they really are nice. Floor to ceiling windows and a nice sitting area. If you want the upgrade though you can probabaly change your booking to a Cat. C guarantee and hope for the best. I thought of this on my upcoming booking to get a Cat. X or balcony guarantee because most Cat. D (newer ship) are sold out so I'd more than likely get upgraded to a nice mini suite - that would be nice but the Cat X is still almost $400 more than I am spending now for an outside and I just can't swing it.. Have a great time!

Dianne - that is normal - after final payment 75 days out there are usually cabins that open up that people just didn't make the final payment on.. Debbie
Old October 3rd, 2002, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Sovreign of the Seas Cabin

Hi Debbie I know it's normal, I was on a ship that was sold out but there were cabins available when it left port but when I was ready to book it was gone and that was 4 months out.

Marc, now I can't go even if I want to. My almost 21st yo has enrolled in college and he does not want to miss any classes even though those days are his least favorite but one of the instructors is a real $*&*%#$@*. I told him we would go when he is finished with school and then when my daughter graduates from high school. Sorry about the misunderstanding with the future cruises. You have alot in the works! Actually I have alot in the the works just no deposits.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97