Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2002, 04:24 AM
ruggy35

Default price drops

I was wondering.......... I have read alot of people keep checking their prices and when It drops they call their TA and get the reduction.......... Well my question is ........ How does that work If you have your cruise paid for in full.........Do they send you a check ??? Just wondering because last year I booked and did not bother to price check because I paid for mine in one shot........ thanks for any info given.......
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Default Re: price drops

Hi!
Yes, even if the cruise is paid in full you are able to get a price reduction. After the final payment is due a lot of cruises drop the prices. It is always wise to check with them or the web sites!They will credit your credit card then. Happy cruising

Old September 30th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Admiral

It varies a lot... depending on the terms of the price reduction from the Cruise Line (most of them carry specific caveats that may or may not apply to you). Your best bet is to call your t/a and have them check to see if an applicable reduction is in place. If it is, and you are entitled to a reduction and having paid by check, the CL will refund back to the travel agent by check and the t/a will refund to you by check too. This is a very complex area, not quite as black and white as it might seem from some of the posts.
Old September 30th, 2002, 07:53 PM
ruggy35

Default Re: Re: price drops

thanks for the info......... Thats why I asked......... It seems somewhat a hassel to be looking for reductions........ and then the agony of trying to get the reemburstment..... Was actually wondering if it was worth doing
Old September 30th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: price drops

In some cases it can be. It really doesn't hurt to call your t/a and ask them to check it for you.
Old September 30th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm a TA and have never had a problem getting Royal Caribbean to do a price adjustment if a cruise fare drops - even if the passengers are paid in full. All I have to do is call and ask and I do receive. Most of clients pay by credit card so Royal Caribbean refunds the price difference back to their credit card.
Old October 1st, 2002, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: price drops

Kelly... try that on a "Happy Hour" special on a sailing that's two weeks or so out. Absolutes in this area are, to say the least, tricky.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: price drops

Good to know about price drop possibilities. I have wondered about that. I guess, as with anything, there is always a gray area.
Last year we didn't decide to do a cruise until Nov. (for Jan.) The price had already dropped and we booked it right away. This year we are checking again for Jan. Our usual TA , Joni, is a relative who gave me a quote 2 wks ago, but said it might be wise to wait.. I checked with AAA on their cruise sale today and our cruise is about the same as Joni quoted us, which wasn't a sale price at her agency. We are going to wait until Nov. We got a pretty good deal last year and I know it won't be as good now, but close.