Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2002, 09:31 PM
First Mate

Default Radiance-she's lovely

Just got back from our 3 day Pacific NW cruise and have to say she's a nice ship. Most of the crew were very friendly and helpful, the odd one just ok. We lucked out on a good wait team and room steward. We also had a good mix at our table (for 12)which included 4 teenagers and a young (5?) boy. RCI did a good job there. Thankfully we weren't stuck with the surly whiners that we were sat with at breakfast in Victoria. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

This was our 2nd cruise and first on RCI, so of course everything was compared to our trip on the Sea Princess. No ship is perfect, just enjoyable. The one drawback for a ship that size is since we don't take the elevators (we find them too slow) there are A LOT OF STAIRS!

However we enjoyed RCI so booked the Vision (a bit older, smaller) for March 16 to Mexico. Now I have to cancel Star Princess on the 15th . Why?- Let's just say I'm not happy with their Passenger Relations Dept.

If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them after I get some sleep!

richard
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2002, 01:03 AM
KrustyKruiser

Default Re: Radiance-she's lovely

Thanks, Richard. Frank and I are sailing on the 4-night cruise next Monday (Oct 7) - Should be fun.----> Bob V
Old October 2nd, 2002, 02:55 AM
Passenger

Richard, you'll love the Vision. She's a beauty too!

Sailaway
Old October 2nd, 2002, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Radiance-she's lovely

Hi Richard,
We did see Visions of the Seas up in Alaska a few weeks ago, and another beatuiful ship, you should enjoy this one as well!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 2nd, 2002, 01:50 PM
Delores

I agree that you should like the Vision. We enjoyed our cruise to Alaska on her. The food & service were very good. Hope you get Simon as a Head Waiter. He was very entertaining. I think he's from England or Australia, has bleached blonde hair on top. He's a cutie & very friendly. They have GREAT ice tea, if you like it. A friend of mine went on Radiance, & said they did not.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Bob,
You should have a blast, esp. with the extra night on board. There is so much to do on board.

Thanks everyone for the good remarks on the Vision. Decision was made tonight and Ev does not want a ship as large as the Star! Bring on the Vision :-)
richard

Post Edited (10-02-02 22:53)
Old October 5th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Passenger

You should enjoy the Vision. When I was on the Radiance a couple weeks ago I booked for the Vision 1/12/03. We have sailed both several times.