Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default How do you know if the price drops?

I will be on the VOS on Sept 24th out of NYC. As of right now we are booked ion aft cabin 7688 but the TA told us that if the price goes down and anything is available we could upgrade to the next cat. I think I would be willing to gove up my aft for a bigger cabin, I have never sailed aft before soIm still a little unsure about it. Anyway how do you know if the price goes down? I dont expect the TA to check everyday I just thought we weould find out and call her, also is it worth taking the upgrade? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: How do you know if the price drops?

I read somewhere that they very rarely drop the price. They'll give you an upgrade instead because it's easier to get rid of lower cat. cabins.This way they don't lose any money and they fill up the ship!! I've been so many web sights and I forgot where I read it.

I was wondering the samething until I saw that article.
Old January 24th, 2004, 11:50 PM
collie

Default Re: How do you know if the price drops?

If you are able, my advice to you to to check the RCI website once a week or so. We booked our May cruise on the EOS this past November. I would check their site every so often, and, yes, the price did drop for awhile when our siling was listed as a "HOT DEAL." All I did was call RCI when I saw the price drop. We saved a couple hundred dollars. (We booked directly through RCI, if you booked through a TA you will have to notify the TA of the price drop and they have to call RCI) Now the price of the cruise is listed at $100 over what we had were to originally paid!