Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Passenger

Default Explorer?

We are considering booking a cruise on the explorer for next october. I have never cruised with Royal Caribbean before (we cruise with celebrity), and I have heard that the explorer is a great ship, then I also hear negative things about it. I am so unsure who to sail with. I heard that the cabins on explorer are pretty small. Celebritys cabins are a perfect size at 172 square feet. I think i read somewhere that if you have an outside cabin, the rooms are a little bigger. Is that true? I would really appreciate everyones imput on this. I would really like to experience the explorer because it looks great.
Keith
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Explorer?

I agree Keith I would love to do the Explorer size ships and am contemplating for next fall myself. I know that the RCCL cabins are small in size even the ocean view. If you want a good size room the balcony is the way to go. That's why I tend to sail more with CCL as they have good size rooms even for the inside and my opinion food is better on CCL but...any cruise is a good cruise! To me it really depends on the iten and the price at the time I want.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 5th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Keith,
We just did our first Celebrity cruise, which I loved. Also have done RCCL's Explorer cruise, which so far is my favorite. Definitely liked the cabin on Explorer better, expecially the way it was layed out, and in fact larger than our Infinity cabin. We had a D7 on Explorer. I think you will find your Explorer cruise to be just different than any others, tons to do onboard, great entertainment, good food and service. I'd say give it a try, I think you'll love it!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 5th, 2002, 11:47 PM
First Mate

We thought our cabin was bigger than we expected and the bed was a king size, not the queen shown in the book. We had an ocean view room (3612) Large closet, clever circular shower w/removable spray head and shampoo dispenser. Hair dryer, safe, large TV and window was bigger than we thought it would be.. Food, service, activities, quiet time, excursions, shows---everything was great and we are going on
Exp. again this coming Jan.
Still crack up over the towel animals and pillow arrangements (new and different every day.--almost a form of communication). Take the Explorer; you'll love it!
Old October 6th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Yeoman

Hi Keith, we are going on the Explorer on Nov. 2, 2002, and last year we were on the Voyager. We absolutely loved it. We had an atrium cabin, and it was great. We normally do an outside cabin only, but took a chance and did the Atrium cabin, and it was great. We overlooked the main part of the atrium, and it was great. Their really wasn't any noise from below, as we were afraid it would be noisy, but it wasn't, infact we booked the same cabin again on the Explorer. If the Voyager and the Explorer are sister ships, you will not be dissappointed, it was fabulous!!!...We also did Celebrity, on the Mercury after the Voyager, and I was not as happy with that ship...The food was much better on the Voyager, and the ship no way even held a candle to the Voyager...I am sure that we will love the Explorer as much a the Voyager....Hope this helps..Cheryl
Old October 7th, 2002, 10:31 AM
First Mate

I have only been on two cruises and I loved them both. The first was Celebrity's Century and the second was the Explorer. I did feel like the food and service were better on our Celebrity cruise but not that much better. I was impressed with both cabins - had an inside on Celebrity and a DA balcony on Explorer. I was amazed by the Century because that was my first cruise but the Explorer just blows you away. Unless food and service are your absolute highest priorities I think you will totally enjoy the Explorer. She is an amazing ship. I hope this helps!
Old October 30th, 2002, 07:03 PM
joe&maddy

Default Re: Re: Explorer?

We've cruised both lines twice. Celebrity is better for food, service and relaxing and RCCL is better for activities and entertainment. If you don't like crowds and standing in lines, choose Celebrity. If you like staying up late at night with a lot to do, choose RCCL. Good luck.