Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Default Radiance (To Richard or others???)

I just booked another mini cruise. This time it is on the Radiance. We were able to get a category "C" superior suite for $222 per person. The cabin # is 1028 (Its only a two nighter.) Richard or any others, please let me know your take on this ship, cabin category, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2002, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Radiance (To Richard or others???)

Hi Chuck,
Guess you loved your last little get-away. Saw ya pulling away from Canada Place, you guys were much louder than the Zaandam people!
You'll love the cat C, they are big, with walk-in closet and bathtub, we were in 1092 a long way from the stairs.(Brochure is wrong-crew stairs). The ship was excellent, the Windjammer buffet stations much better laid out than the Sun class. The food was good, and service excellent. The coffee was even drinkable! The ship is bigger than it looks and there's lots to do, too much for 2 or 3 days. The Aurora Theater was big, but the sound was good and the Solarium quite relaxing. We'll have to go back for a 7 day trip as we liked the ship. The only downside is they could have put in another set of elevators but you should have no problem being closer to the bow.

I'd be inerested in your comparison of the food vs your last trip if you are going soon. The jury is out on that one, maybe a slight edge to Princess. When are you going?

richard
Old October 5th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Radiance (To Richard or others???)

Thanks Richard. We are going 10-18. I saw another one of those $99 specials. This time we chose to upgrade on our own. $222 p.p. through Cruise Value Center was not a bad price, I thonk??? Our cabin looks to have a large balcony that faces side and back. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old October 5th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance (To Richard or others???)

Hi Chuck,
Sounds like you will not be disappointed with the Cat C. on Radiance. Do let us know about the ship, cabin, food, entertainment etc. when you return. We'll be onboard in Feb in one of those Cat. D. aft cabins, can't wait!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 9th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Radiance (To Richard or others???)

So the stairs pictured at the aft (port side) are crew stairs? We will be in 9256 in May and it's right next to those stairs but the balcony was so oversized I couldn't pass it up.

And to Chuck, 2 days is NOT enough for the Radiance but be sure to hit the "Seaview Cafe" if you want some good junk food (nachos, chicken fingers etc). Have a GR8 cruise!
Old October 9th, 2002, 07:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance (To Richard or others???)

Yes, I believe they were, but I was thinking of the ones across from 1086. In the brochure they look like public stairs. But knowing me I walked by them for 3 days
without noticing!

richard