Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2002, 07:10 PM
robmillers

Default Voyager of the Seas shore excursions

Please comment on various ship tours- Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel. Which are worth going on and which should we skip.
Anyone been on the submarine in Grand Cayman? Good snorkeling? Dunns River Falls?
Help!
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Voyager of the Seas shore excursions

Hi Rob,
The falls are a lot of fun in Jamaica, so plan on some kind of tour either through the ship or with an independant tour operator. Best excursion in my opinion in Grand Cayman is snorkeling with the String Rays, you can book this yourself too with Capt. Marvin, here is his web-site if you want to check that out, or do a ship excursion:

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 6th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Yeoman

Hi, we did the Dunns River falls tour, and it was great...Don't miss it. Also when in Grand Cayman, do the Sting Ray City tour, it is really great, and it will be unforgetable. We loved it. I really can't help with snorkeling, I didn't do it, but I know that others did and they loved it....Have fun, it is a great ship, once you have been on the Voyager class ship, everyother cruise ship pales next to it...Cheryl
Old October 7th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Passenger

Our whole family enjoyed Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman; in Cozumel we enjoyed Chakannab Park - lots to do - and you can do most of it on your own - just have to go through the hassle of getting a cab or cabs (which was a pain with a group of 10). We shopped in the afternoon (the ladies shopped and the guys sat in the shade and drank Mexican beer - 2 for $4 and a shot of tequila from a little stand not far from Carlos and Charlies in a open air type shopping mall just of the main street. I think Voyager might dock elsewhere but there is a good market right across from where Voyoager docks. I liked Chakanaab park - in addition to beach and snorkeling, there are restaurants, botanical gardens and some fake ruins - but you can enjoy some history without making the long trek over to the mainland.
Old October 7th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Voyager of the Seas shore excursions

I agree with the things to do in Grand Cay and Jamaica. Now in Cozumel what my husband and I did was rent a scooter for the day, $40 and rode all around the island. It was very easy to keep track of where we were going. We stopped at several little roadside shops and then some beach stops where we sat on the beach and had some beers. It was very relaxing and the most fun we had.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 8th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Craig

You might want to try Dunns on your own. We did. Got there right when it opened and we had the place to our self, it was great.

We loved the VOS !

Have a great cruise.

Craig ...
Old October 15th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Daisey

Hello:
When are you sailing on the VOS? We are sailing 1/19/03. We have done the Western Caribbean before.....so we are doing Jamaica's Dunns River....lots of fun. Grand Cayman....Stingray City & Snorkeling combo is wonderful. Cozumel....we take a taxi over to Playa Sol Beach only $6 for a fun day in the sun...... you are on the beach, plus a swimming pool, volleyball, food & drinks, music, etc. Now all of the above we have already booked privately. If you want the prices & email addresses of the tour companies email me at dasnails@comcast.net
Old October 21st, 2002, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Voyager of the Seas shore excursions

We sailed the Voyager in august 2001 with 4 teenagers...

In jamaica we did the falls with an independent tour... peat taylor found out about him on the cruise critic boards... he was awesome and very reasonably priced for our group of 8... not only did we do the falls, but he took us up into the mountains in fern gully and to a point where we got awesome shots of our ship from the mountains. he took us back to the ship for lunch and then picked us up again for more sight seeing around town. i highly recommend him

In grand cayman, we did the turtle farm and island tour... it was so-so we were more impressed with the rum cakes than anything else.

in cozumel, we did the xcaret tour... it was our second time and the kids absolutely loved it... a bit pricey but definitely worth it... the underground river is so much fun.

Enjoy!Daisey wrote:

> Hello:
> When are you sailing on the VOS? We are sailing 1/19/03. We
> have done the Western Caribbean before.....so we are doing
> Jamaica's Dunns River....lots of fun. Grand Cayman....Stingray
> City & Snorkeling combo is wonderful. Cozumel....we take a
> taxi over to Playa Sol Beach only $6 for a fun day in the
> sun...... you are on the beach, plus a swimming pool,
> volleyball, food & drinks, music, etc. Now all of the above we
> have already booked privately. If you want the prices & email
> addresses of the tour companies email me at
> dasnails@comcast.net