Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default cozumel excursions/ belize excursions

My mom and her friend and i are going on the rhapsody of the seas cruise on 12-1-02, and i had a question about cozumel.....
we are interested in taking a taxi on our own to Chankanab park i was wondering if this is safe for 3 women to do on our own, and when we are ready to leave the park will there be taxis there waiting to take people back to the pier or downtown or do you need to make some other arrangements to get a taxi ??

I also was wondering about the excursion offered to shark ray alley at belize, do you snorkel from the boat or is it off of shore??? My mom and her friend are older and dont swim real well so they dont feel comfortable snorkeling off the boat. We are trying to decide between that excursion and the other one that takes a boat up the river and you go to the zoo, see lots of wildlife. Mobility is somewhat of a concern for them getting in and out of the boats can anyone give me an idea which is the best to do and do they dock the boats at a dock where it is easy to get in and out of the boats/??
Thanks for any help....

Pam
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2002, 10:31 PM
clay b

Default Re: cozumel excursions/ belize excursions

Chankanaab should be fine. Taxis await at the park, don't worry. You'll be able to jump right into one. I love Chankanaab. We're sailing the Grandeur from New Orleans in two weeks. We plan to rent jeeps and drive around ourselves and visit beaches on our own. More trouble, but we've done the taxi thing a few times and we're ready to go on our own, six in our group.

Enjoy your cruise.!! My friend did the Rhapsody and loved it.

clay b
Old October 8th, 2002, 09:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: cozumel excursions/ belize excursions

We are planning to take the Explorer to the W. Carib in Jan. The RCI excursion to Chakanaab is $65 and includes snorkeling. Dh has a problem with snorkeling due to not being able to see anything without his glasses and masks do not fit over them, so we don't want to pay for snorkeling. We did the "See-Sub" last year in Nassau, but if you've done it--you've done it. I was interested in how much a taxi would cost if we went on our own, just to see the park. How much is the admission fee? I am glad the stops on this cruise are all full days. As first-timers, we were terrified of missing the boat last year on the EOS to E. Carib with two 1/2 day stops so we did the RCI tours, which can be pricey.
Old October 8th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: cozumel excursions/ belize excursions

Pam

I just got off the Rhapsody a few weeks ago. We had a great time!

Cozumel - You will be fine with the taxis

Belize - Rhapsody will anchor out and you will have to get on a tender to do anything. I did the shark ray alley snorkel and you do snorkel off of a boat. You can wear a life vest if you don't swim well but you will have to be able to climb on and off a boat. You will be in water that is too deep to touch bottom. Hope that helps.

Shelly
Old October 8th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: cozumel excursions/ belize excursions

Hi kathie,
From what i have found on line the taxis are about 7-8 dollars each way to the park and it costs $10 to get in the park per peson. so would be much cheaper to do it on your own.

Pam
Old October 22nd, 2002, 12:08 PM
ColoradoKid

Default Re: Re: Re: cozumel excursions/ belize excursions

Snorkeling Tips:

1. consider getting a Mask with prescription lens
ask, call at any Diving shop (SCUBA)!
2. while at the dive shop get a "snorkeling vest"
they have an air inflater noosel that allows you to get the
right amount of air ($25-40+) some have a CO2inflator
for emergencies......
3. many SCUBA shops will help you learn snorkeling